IML: more on dual exhaust and air cleaners

Quoting Ken & Tracie <ktjosephson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> My car is a factory dual exhaust car. No doubt about it. But the previous
> owner stated to me that while it had a dual snorkel air cleaner, it was the
> "1969 style" with the breather port on the air cleaner body rather than the
> on the driver's side snorkel.

The "dual 440" option was a 68 only option.  It was discontinued in 69, so its
unlikely your 69 Imperial had factory dual exhaust.  In fact, dual exhaust was
not offered in 67 either, but some say that the dual 440 option appeared late
in the 67 model year.  I have not heard of a 67 with the "dual 440" factory
option though.  Has anybody seen one?

> It seems this is a 1968 with a "1969" style air cleaner pictured here:
>
> http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1968/SpottersGuide/air-cleaner.jpg

No, this is the correct dual 440 air cleaner for 68.  The 69's have a
rectangular cross section air cleaner.

D^2