RE: IML: A not so warm Crown

Joe,

I?d say check the wire connecting to the sender.  It may have come loose.
Then the sender.  With an assistant in the vehicle watching the gauge, and
the key in the on position, you can take the sender wire and ground it to
the motor.  The gauge should move.  Don?t hold it there long, and don?t let
it peg the gauge at full hot.

You will need to drain the coolant before popping that sender out, unless
you want to be like me and not think of it until that last thread comes out!

Sorry, I've run into that transmission problem before, but I don't remember
all the possible problems.  The one I experienced was in a 904 in a Mirada.
I had owned the car twice.  The first time I replaced the dead 999 lockup
with the fresh 904.  Sold the car to a buddy in our local Mopar club, he
sold it to another club member who had a bad habit of not taking it off high
idle before dropping it into gear.  The reverse band broke.  Snapped the end
right off the band.  I bought the car back cheap, had a buddy with a lift
install a fresh band and reverse was back.

I did consider replacing the Mirada's nose with one from a J-body Imperial,
but other gremlins drove me to part with the car the second time.

Rob McCall
?67 LeBaron