Re: IML: '55 Hard Start

My '55 was hard to start when I first got it. After a tune up (points, plugs, and wires) and timing adjustment, the problem disappeared. It now starts perfectly, hot or cold. I adjusted the timing by trial and error, not with a light. The carb is the original, hasn't been rebuilt, and I am sure could use it. So far it hasn't caused any trouble. Your car would also be difficult to start if the dual points aren't set properly, and of course for many other possible reasons also. Just a couple of ideas to consider. Good luck!

Paul