The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Our Savoy's Time to Shine
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look NON-Technical Discussions -> 1955-1961 Forward Look MoPar General DiscussionMessage format

throwinwrenches
Posted 2017-04-16 12:04 PM (#538198)
Subject: Our Savoy's Time to Shine

Hi everyone, I always enjoy the posts on this forum and the technical advice I've received. I just wanted to post up a few photos from yesterday's invitational car show where our 1955 Plymouth Savoy was featured. We were humbled by the honor, and although she didn't take home any trophies, we were very proud of her. I worked on the finish a little and layed a nice coat of Beauty Shine 502 straight carnauba wax on the paint and detailed as much as I could. The gentleman we purchased the car from stopped by and it was nice to catch up. It was also great to hear so many spectators share stories of their old Plymouths and Dodges from the Forward Look era. Two said they haven't seen a '55 Plymouth since they were new. I also heard many folks report rust issues with these cars, which is likely what led to their demise. Either way, I was a proud FL ambassador and I hope you enjoy the photos. 

Thanks again for everyone's help over the past year-and-a-half in getting our '55 in peak shape for the season! 

Photos: 

Top of the page Bottom of the page
57DODGECONV
Posted 2017-04-16 1:03 PM (#538199 - in reply to #538198)
Subject: Re: Our Savoy's Time to Shine

Elite Veteran

Definitely something to be proud of very nice presentation,It Looks Great .
RUSTORICHES
Posted 2017-04-16 1:20 PM (#538201 - in reply to #538198)

Extreme Veteran

I noticed your rust issue comment, once again likely made by a Gov't Motors buff. I haven't seen much difference over the years in car bodies in my experience my 57 Chev 4dr hdtp back on the rust ranch has frame issues which the CHEBBY guys never talk about except when they restore it, it usually has an Art Morrison chassis…..lol I only say that because I always get the same comment as you about my 57 Dodges. Your 55 Plymouth is well worth the time and effort to show and enjoy driving and I'll always remember Jay Leno's comment " There's more 57 Chevys on the road today then came off the assembly line in that year" and that says it all about rust. Have great summer

Edited by RUSTORICHES 2017-04-16 1:22 PM
imopar380
Posted 2017-04-16 6:41 PM (#538206 - in reply to #538198)

Expert 5K+

Beautiful car!
throwinwrenches
Posted 2017-04-18 8:19 AM (#538297 - in reply to #538198)

Thanks for the kind comments, everyone.

Rustoriches: I can attest to your comments about GM cars. Everything rusts over time, and here in Illinois we get plenty of salt in the winter so much of the newer cars even rot out in short order. Heck, my wife's 2013 Jeep needed a touchup underneath with some Rustoleum last year when I was doing the brakes.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)