The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

WCFB
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> General Technical Discussion and TroubleshootingMessage format

ttotired
Posted 2016-08-31 5:36 PM (#520259 - in reply to #517176)
Subject: Re: WCFB

Expert 5K+

Let me save your pain (or join in it)
I believe you have the same problem I have
Mine is a fully rebuilt 318, pistons are 40 up on stock, so the engines actually a bit bigger, I had a cam ground specifically for the 2x4 setup (cant remember the numbers, but its not "lumpy"), I also am running electronic ignition, advanced until its just under pinging
It has 2x 500 edelbrocks (brand new), 1 with an electric choke, 1 manual thats wired open (only need to choke 1 carb) and the throttle is set to operate both carbs the same

I have not messed around with the jetting yet, but I have tried staged linking the carbs, I have shifted the accelerator pump linkage in both carbs through all 3 holes a couple of times, tried without the air cleaner and have improved it, but not cured it by a long way, but one thing that did make a big difference was adjusting the kickdown.

Mine loves revs, once its up there, it goes fine, its just crap off the line and I am actually putting it down to loss of vacuum, but I have not tested that yet (havnt got around to it) but try putting a vacuum gauge in the car and go out and test it.

I cant offer much more than that, but I am watching

Top of the page Bottom of the page
RUSTORICHES
Posted 2017-01-11 10:14 PM (#531130 - in reply to #517176)

Veteran

You have to first ensure the carb jets are the same size and then calibrate the carbs by vacuum demand vs fuel demand, both carbs should read the same[balanced] assuming the carb linkages are set properly.If your running an automatic you may have reduce the torque convertor pressure to achieve vacuum vs fuel demands. Check out YOUTUBE for vacuum/fuel calibration you may find it useful. You may be experiencing some fuel supply pressure drop. Anyway that's my 2 bits worth of info I like I always say "If I can't explain the subject matter well enough for Gramma to understand then I don't know the subject"
Chrispy
Posted 2017-01-12 11:30 AM (#531152 - in reply to #517176)

Extreme Veteran

2x4's are tough, look for a local shop with a dyno and an anaylizer and come with a nice assortment of Jets/rods for the carbs. You need to spend some serious time tuning those carbs in. You would need to do this even with the plymouth carbs. I'm going to be doing the same on my 392 even with a single carb. There is no magic bullet to fix your issue, just tuning that needs to be done.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Search for anything on eBay!

(Delete all cookies set by this site)