The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sad Announcement about an FL Member
[Frozen]

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 4 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Frozen    Forward Look NON-Technical Discussions -> 1955-1961 Forward Look MoPar General DiscussionMessage format

60 dart
Posted 2005-07-25 2:19 PM (#35728 - in reply to #33509)
Subject: RE: Sad Announcement about an FL Member

Expert 5K+

I really hate to be the bearer of bad news but STEVE has asked me to. I don't have any of the details so please bear with me. God i don't know how to do this, other than to just do it.
Sometime yesterday our dear FORWARD LOOK BROTHER, JOE VINCENSI, has passed on. I'm sorry i can't keep writing.

SO LONG MY FRIEND !
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Ian
Posted 2005-07-25 3:07 PM (#35731 - in reply to #33509)

My sincere condolences to Betty, Casey and Wendy.
There just aren't enough words to describe how I feel.
savoyv8
Posted 2005-07-25 3:26 PM (#35733 - in reply to #35728)

Veteran

What a sad day. Surely not an easy time for the rest of the family. Our condolences. Terry and Mary
DeSotohead
Posted 2005-07-25 3:36 PM (#35735 - in reply to #35728)

Board Moderator

I am grieved to hear of this. With all he went through, I had hoped he would recover.
My sympathies to Betty and the girls. It's hard to lose a fellow Fowardlooker.
My prayers will be with Joe and his family.
60 dart
Posted 2005-07-25 3:47 PM (#35736 - in reply to #33509)

Expert 5K+

i received this email from STEVE, a few minutes ago

He was complaining of a great deal of pain in his arms, and chest. The doctors thought it was from all the surgery at first, spent too much time trying to adjust his traction. Turns out that he had developed an aneurism, in 2 days and it burst. He was asleep when it happened. As far as they can tell, it was quick, but painful. There were signs of a struggle.

He died holding a picture of our two families clutched in his hand. He was surrounded by photos of his family, but he chose that one, I took earlier this year and printed for him while in the hospital. His daughter graduates nursing school Thursday with My daughter Stephanie.

I can't do this anymore. I'm hurting badly

My therapy is to keep working. It will take my mind off of it. Arrangements are being made now, but I don't know what they are yet. I'll let you know when I do. I know it will be quick though.
Bryan1960Windsor
Posted 2005-07-25 4:14 PM (#35738 - in reply to #35736)

Elite Veteran

I cry myself at the thought of what this family has been through. My heart and prayers go out to them. Such a sad day.

Bryan
forwardlookparts
Posted 2005-07-25 4:22 PM (#35739 - in reply to #33509)

Expert

Joe is out of his pain, no one can imagine what he went through and I believe he is in a much better place. This does not diminish the anguish of the loss of him, especially for Betty, the rest of his family and Steve. This was part of his higher power's plan, but that does not make acceptance of his passing any easier fro the rest of us.

I am so sorry for his loved ones. I will continue to include all of them in my prayers.

Maybe if I think about him BS'ing with old Ex and Walter P. right now, I can smile. Maybe not.

I hope no one walks in my office for awhile, I don't need anyone seeing me like this.
bigfinmopar
Posted 2005-07-25 5:01 PM (#35744 - in reply to #33509)

Regular

Man, I thought we were out of the woods... I`m VERY sorry to hear the gut wrenching news. God be with all! Man, I`m sorry guys. I know how hard you prayed and hoped for a recovery from all this. What a rollercoaster this has been. I wish I could help...Hang in there Chuck and Steve. The family will REALLY need you now. My family sends it`s love and condolences. I just wish I could do more,Mike-bigfin....
Ray Bell
Posted 2005-07-25 5:33 PM (#35747 - in reply to #33509)

Expert

I, too, thought he was out of the woods... I was jubilant when we got the good news that he'd started bitching about Steve's incessant moaning about the bushing kit... but it isn't so and acceptance is the only path to follow...

Betty and the girls will be needing support, though they've no doubt been through this scenario a million... no, a billion... times in their minds already. But the reality will strike them in the next couple of days and the restructuring of their lives without husband/father will have to begin.

A lot of people here have shown a genuine concern for them these past few weeks... I hope some of us can keep it rolling.

I also look forward to meeting Joe in a 'better place' (Psalm 37.29... Romans 6:23... Romans 6:7... Isaiah 65:17-23) at some time, a time when he won't recall the sadness, but the happiness of life. I have absolute faith in these bible promises, I have absolute faith that I will one day meet this member of our family.
62chrysler
Posted 2005-07-25 5:57 PM (#35748 - in reply to #33509)

Account Suspended (Steve Hobby Alias)

I'm here, teary eyed and all.  This is really tough for me to have to announce this.

First of all, I want to give my sincerest thanks to Chuck for posting the message about Joe.

Joe Vincenzi died was pronounced dead at 7:04 PM last evening.  He was still having liver difficulties, and complained about a great pain in his right arm.  Because he had such nerve and mussel dammage, the weekend doctors thought it was something completely else.  His vitals were good, no signs of abnormalities other than the pains.  I saw Joe between 5:30 and 6:30.  It was hard to make him smile, we talked about the past allot, but we often did that.  Since he was removed from the critical list on Friday to Guarded, he didn't have the private duty nurse and monitors hooked up to the nurses station as he did in the past.

After eating, Betty went in to see Joe and I, she looked good.  Betty is due to be released Wednesday to go home for two weeks, then return for one week of intensive theropy.  Casey and Wendy were not there, they were home.  Betty rolled in in her wheel chair and found Joe, she thinks immediately after it happened.  Betty claimed she saw some heart activity on the monitor as she rolled in and then saw it go flat lined, when an alarm went off.  she said she rest the alarm because she knew it was over.  She clutched Joe as best she could and announced her love for him, hoping he was still aware.  A nurse later came in and discovered Betty in silence, sitting next to Joe staring into space.

We were all summoned, I took the girls to the hospital with me.  We were there some 20 minutes later.

I want to thank all of you for your support. . . . . Not only for Joe and his family, but for me as well.  I tried my best, as we all did.  We gave Joe a ralley of support, like I have never seen before.

As I understand it, there will be a funeral tomorrow, private service at the funeral home.  Joe is Methodist as I am.  Our minister will perform the sermon, I know she will have a hard time with it too.  Connie a top shelf Minister and I am greatful for her company over the last 5 years.  She was close to Joe too.  Always clowning around with him, even in her sermons on Sunday.  One time last year, while I was travelling, Joe printed out a life size picture of me and put it next to he and Betty in Church on Sunday morning.  She never forgot that prank and often would ask him if he was still awake during Sunday Sermons.

It's a tradgity, it's sudden, and there is no excuse or explaination how all this happened.  All I know is, someone screwed up.

Joe is at peace now. 

Thanks to all and God Bless.

safetymike77
Posted 2005-07-25 6:36 PM (#35750 - in reply to #33509)

Expert

In this moment of sadness, all I can think of is Joe merrily driving along in his Saratoga, Betty at his side, enjoying a sunday drive. Right now, I envision Exner himself riding beside him, comforting him as he explores his new surroundings.

We will miss him. He was one of us. Friend, Husband, father, he was everything that I think all of us wish we could be. His memory will be with all of us forever.
61plymy
Posted 2005-07-25 6:42 PM (#35751 - in reply to #33509)

Expert

God rest his soul and keep his family safe.

Hard to believe after so hard and long a fight, seemingly successfully, to be lost while under the care of possibly less astute folks.

He will be missed by those who rallied behind him in this ordeal, not really knowing him. But those closer, such as Steve, Betty, the girls, will need our help now. Joe is well taken care of now, I'm sure.

I don't know what to say, Steve, but I know you are hurting. It's tough to lose a good friend, especially when you thought it was coming around in his favor. You can lean on us if you need to. Tell Betty we wish her the best too.

Mike
60 Finatic
Posted 2005-07-25 11:00 PM (#35764 - in reply to #33509)

Extreme Veteran

Sad and dismayed. A punch in the gut. A tragedy after all the hope and earnest prayer. I can't be pragmatic about this. I feel like the rug was collectively pulled from under the lot of us. More so, I feel bad for Betty, her daughters and Steve and his family. I hope everyone up there in North Jersy has the strength to pull through this. As I said before, I have watched from the sidelines and I know many others have too; be assured we'll be hoping and praying for everyone there.
MOPAR-TO-YA
Posted 2005-07-26 12:26 AM (#35768 - in reply to #33509)

Expert 5K+

I am stunned and at a loss for words. Every time I get on the FL site,I looked for news of Joe and Betty, the daughters and Steve. After the good news of their recovery, I just did not think this would happen. Please take some comfort in knowing you all are in your many friends thoughts and prayers. .......Rest in peace..........Steve & Cheryl Mick
mrtester
Posted 2005-07-26 12:48 AM (#35771 - in reply to #33509)

Elite Veteran

God help him...he's in a better place now. Those of you living near the surviving members of his family, help them out any way you can. I've already buried both of my parents and it's very tough to move on from a situation like that.
Nathan D. Manning
Posted 2005-07-26 8:39 AM (#35782 - in reply to #33509)

Reading this thread has touched me with a sorrow deeper than any I've felt in quite a while.
In fact, I've not been this sad since losing a family member of my own.

I trust that God will work in the hearts and lives of Joe's friends and family as they continue the healing process - both emotionally and physically.

Meanwhile my love, my thoughts, my prayers, and great admiration continues for the wonderful people I have come to know through this network.

May we all find some comfort in knowing that Joe will suffer no longer.

-NM
alumcanTandThd
Posted 2005-07-26 9:15 AM (#35785 - in reply to #33509)

Wise Old Village Idiot

Everyone close their eyes, and listen to the lone bugler,,,,,,,,,. (these are the words)

"Day is done
gone the sun
from the hills
from the lake
from the skies
All is well
Safely rest
God is nigh.

Go to sleep
peasful sleep
May the soldier
or (forwardlooker)
God keep.
On the land
or the deep
Safe in sleep

Love, goodnight
must thou go
when the day,
and the night
need the so,
all is well.
Speedth all
to their rest.

Fades the light;
goeth day,
and the stars
shineth bright,
fare thee well;
day has gone,
night is on.

Thank and praise
for the days,
'neath the sun
'neath the stars,
'neath the sky,
as we go,
this we know,
God is nigh.
And afar."

amen
Jmmyjam
Posted 2005-07-26 10:47 AM (#35790 - in reply to #33509)

Extreme Veteran

What sad news upon my return from vacationing. I really thought we had turned the corner on this one. Surely, Joe is riding on paved streets of gold in heaven with a Forwardlook chariot and a smile in his heart. Steve, thanks for being there for him like a soldier. Also, thanks for letting him know how much we cared about his recovery. I hope he got to read all the good things that people said about him. I will keep Betty and the family in my prayers.

Jimmy
62chrysler
Posted 2005-07-26 11:36 AM (#35798 - in reply to #33509)

Good Morning

As I said yesterday, Joes Funeral will be quick.  It is this afternoon.  The funeral will be a private one, closest family and friends.  A few other neighbors will also be present as well as some of his co-workers at Corligiano Dodge.  There just wasn't enough time to let everyone know where it is.  It will be a closed casket.  Joe was alergec to flower pollen.

At Bettys request, she asked me to tell you two things.  1.  She wants to thank all of you for your support, kindness and prayers. 2.  She apologizes for not being more public with the arrangements.  Joe was a private person, only letting a handful into his life outside his family.  He didn't like pictures, so there aren't too many.  He didn't like parties, or large crowds, he kind of liked the one on one touch.  Neither he or Betty were party animals.  They enjoyed their companionship alone together with their children or their closest friends.  It is their way.   I really don't have anything to post for you at the moment, and frankly, not in the mood to put up his picture right now.

Elaine and I are fine now. . . . It will be a long time before we get back on track after this one. . . .  We've been there before, my wifes mother dying a violent death several years ago.  It brings back memories for both of us 

Betty is accepting reality. . .Elaine spent the night with her and the girls.  I kinda' let the women do their thing.  I am back to not sleeping again, but I will get over that.  She was more alert this morning, we brought her home today so she can get herself together. We brought Betty Home about an hour ago

As I said to Chuck yesterday, I plan to burry myself in my work and moving the company, which is this week and next.  For those of you that expressed concern for my family and I, Thank you.  It will never be forgotten.  I am a very rich man with all the friends I have.

As I write this, Betty came in with Wendy.  I have been asked to be Wendy's support and substitute father.  That was nice, but I wish I didn't have to do it.  Betty told me she is going to sell the house, all the furnishings except Wendys and move someplace else.  She said, as hard as it is, staying in the same house will be unbearable.  She will be staying with us until she finds a new home.  Wendy will stay with Casey.  But here spirits are improving, "accepting reality for what it is". 

Wendys Nursing School Graduation is Thursday.  She went to school with my youngest daughter, Stephanie.  Obviously we all will be there. 

A memorial service will be held at the church Friday Night as well.  As I understand it, it will be the turnout of all time.  Connie Fills the little church every Sunday as it is.  When she came here 5 years ago, attendance as 15 or 20 people.  Today it is 60 or 70 each with two sessions on Sunday Morning.  A memorial placque will be hung in his memory.  Connie will be moving on to another church the end of Augest.  We tried to keep her, but it didn't work out.  She will take the memories with her and stay in touch.

I will be out of it for a while.  There is nothing more I can say or do for the man now Other than taking care of the living and keep going as Joe would like.

Chuck.  If you can keep your eyes dry. . . .you're in charge.

Special Thanks to Doug and Mathan for your emails. 

P.S.  I retrieved the banner this morning.  I will spread it out here and take a shot of it so you can see the banner that came from Carlisle.  I wish I had taken the picture in the hospital. . . .thought I had plenty of time.  As soon as I locate the camera. . . . .   It's in here somewhere

Snotty
Posted 2005-07-26 2:10 PM (#35810 - in reply to #33509)

"Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on." "Yes," says the Spirit, "that they may rest from their labors, for their deeds follow with them."
Rev. 14:13

I am sorry to hear this news. Betty and her daughters will be in my prayers.

So will you, Steve.

Scott
Bryan1960Windsor
Posted 2005-07-26 2:44 PM (#35815 - in reply to #35810)

Elite Veteran

I shall pass this way but once,
Any good thing therefore that I can do,
Or any kindness that I can show,
Let me do it now.
Let me not defer it or neglect it,
For I shall pass this way but once.

57burb
Posted 2005-07-26 4:16 PM (#35822 - in reply to #33509)

Expert

God Bless
59finnedwarrior
Posted 2005-07-26 5:31 PM (#35828 - in reply to #33509)

Extreme Veteran

Really bad news.First time out this weekend for the 59 so I'm going to run with the headlights on high beam during the day as a salute to a fellow fin guy.Condolences to Joe's family.
Gidman
Posted 2005-07-27 12:46 AM (#35871 - in reply to #35828)

Extreme Veteran

Real sorry to hear this news. Steve, you have my utmost respect for your courage throughout these tough days.

I like the idea of running with the lights on this weekend. Nice tribute.
realgone58
Posted 2005-07-27 1:03 AM (#35874 - in reply to #33509)

Elite Veteran

Steve and Chuck.........God bless y'all...............and Betty.............our thoughts and prayers are with her and thier children. Joe is in a better place now, feeling no pain. May he rest in peace. I never met Joe and Betty, but feel as though I've known them for a long time................y'all try to take care as best as possible.
MOPAR-TO-YA
Posted 2005-07-27 1:47 AM (#35878 - in reply to #35828)

Expert 5K+

I like the idea of running with headlights on hi beam this weekend (daytime) as a tribute to Joe and his loved ones. No one else will know why we are doing it, but we will, in our hearts and i believe Joe will too. As I understand it, there will be a memorial service to Joe Friday evening at 7:00 pm Eastern time. Perhaps you my wish to observe a moment in silence at that time .........over.......
RoyalGate
Posted 2005-07-27 4:24 AM (#35885 - in reply to #33509)

Expert

I am saddened beyond words. I feel like I have just been hit with a BRICK.
My condolences and prayers go out to you all. That's all I'm capable of
typing right now.
hoe-c
Posted 2005-07-27 12:46 PM (#35909 - in reply to #33509)

Veteran

I checked for good news everyday. This was really unexpected. I though bad days were over. I can't believe it.
I'm very sad. I can only say a prayer for him.
I didn't know him in person but I'll put my 57 Dodge back on the road in his memory.
Christian
Nathan D. Manning
Posted 2005-07-27 1:06 PM (#35910 - in reply to #33509)

Great Idea, Christian...

I will also dedicate the restoration of my '59 Dodge to this wonderful man many of us never met.

In fact, I'm thinking about having a memorial plaque placed in the trunk in honor of JoeV...
(and the whole bunch here at ForwardLook, for that matter)

Meanwhile, I will join other members in silent tribute over the weekend... I plan to drive my '56 with lights-on in memory of our departed friend and ForwardLook Brother.

May we take comfort in knowing that we've grown closer in response to this tragedy.
Save us a seat up there, Joe. We'll all be looking for the ForwardLook Tent.

-NM

Edited by Nathan D. Manning 2005-07-27 1:14 PM
kcasey
Posted 2005-07-27 10:02 PM (#35938 - in reply to #33509)

Veteran

carla and i were very sad to get this news. we will pray for his wife and two girls. life is a gift from God and every day is a blessing. let none of us forget that. keep joe's memory in your heart not just on your car. what a great bunch of people we have on this sight.
shawns57dodge
Posted 2005-07-28 11:11 AM (#35983 - in reply to #33509)

Regular

I was so shocked to read about Joe...I had been so happy for them all, thinking the worst was over. My thoughts and prayers go out to Betty, the girls, and Steve.
62chrysler
Posted 2005-07-28 11:11 PM (#36038 - in reply to #33509)

Let me jump in here

Joes last name is spelled VincenZi  Vin-cen-zi

Before you go knocking out a thousand placques. . .   I like it though.  Never thought of it.

MorePar
Posted 2005-07-29 2:43 AM (#36050 - in reply to #35885)

I have been away and just saw the report about Joe. It was his time and he is in a better place.

Steve and everyone thank you so much for your help for Joe and his family and for keeping us posted. Take a deep breath and then let it all out and give it to God.

Blessings to you all

Slim and family
bigfinmopar56
Posted 2005-07-31 6:34 PM (#36194 - in reply to #33509)

Veteran

I too will think of Joe as I rebuild my 60! He will be thought of when I cruise.I never knew the man,but we have simularities..I realize after this,and other happenings,what a gift life is.It had better be lived to the fullest,no one knows what`s beyond the curve.God bless Joe,and his family,and all involved!............
62chrysler
Posted 2005-08-01 7:32 PM (#36274 - in reply to #33509)

Hello all

It took me a week to get the nerve to login to Forward Look, and a pile of encouragement from Steve Hobby.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Betty Vincenzi. After reading 8 pages, I think you all know who I am.

Unfortunately, I could not log in under Joe’s name, as I do not know his password. Please accept my apologies for using Steve’s login name.

I must say, I was in awe seeing the responses. Steve tells me this particular thread has got to be a forum record breaker. Not only the time span, but the number of lookers and responders. It is wonderful. Seeing it on paper and seeing it in life are two different things. I took the copies Steve printed and placed them in Joe’s casket so they will be with him always. Steve’s re-counts of our situation were right on the facts.

For the first time in my life, I am at a loss for words. It has been a trying experience for me; I forgot what and who I was for a while. My association with Joe for 27 wonderful years has been a great experience. But this! This was an overwhelming response to a person most of you didn't know.  We were married 25 years, Feb. 14

Joe often spoke fondly of Steve, Jessica, Chuck and Aluminum (I think that is Rick). He also looked forward to getting in the chat room with JW, 59Savoy, MO, Mike, and of coarse Steve late at night. He would explain that they are characters, especially Steve. I think Chuck (What's your last name Chuck?) and Joe had spoken a few times too. He chucked at the LARS (Thank you Steve) gag he pulled months ago.  Steve gave him a real rash of dung for that one.  He was thrilled to hear Jessica was in town with Steve in June. We were on vacation in the keys. He rushed home to meet her in person, but we missed her by an hour. Joe was really mad about that cursed the New Jersey traffic for days.

It is appropriate for me to give all you wonderful people a big Thank You for all your support. It is unfortunate we could not have come here together for this message. As you know, things didn't work out. I will miss him for the rest of my life. There just aren’t any other words I can come up with other than thank you and I am grateful for your support. It is with great sadness that I deliver these words.

I must admit, Steve was a trooper. He took care of business for us and was there every available minute he had for those weeks. He was tenacious about working on Joe to bring him back when he lay unconscious for a week. He was there for every important moment in Joe’s trauma experience. Joe spoke privately to me many times about how good a friend Steve always was. You see, I met Steve 15 years ago when we moved into house 2 doors away. Joe had met Steve at his work some 7 or 8 years earlier. He replaced Steve there. Steve has a bad case of arthritis in his knees.

For all those that asked about the girls, and myself Thank You too. Wendy, Casey and I are doing Fine. Steve and I went to Wendy's nursing school graduation last Thursday, a saddening day for all of us. Wendy cried through the whole ceremony. We did too, but we unsuccessfully tried to hide it.

There is nothing left for me to now but move forward. Looking ahead, it will be different without Joe. I have decided to sell the house and move to another house near by. I haven't been back to the house since my release last Monday. Steve's wife, also a wonderful person, has been kind enough to get the things I need.

I wanted to post a picture of Joe, but I have not retrieved my photo albums yet. I will have Steve do that for me later. There aren't too many of Joe, he disliked cameras.

Well, it is with great regret I sign off now. Thank you again and farewell.

Betty Vincenzi

forwardlookparts
Posted 2005-08-01 7:47 PM (#36279 - in reply to #33509)

Expert

Thank you Betty...
59savoy
Posted 2005-08-01 8:57 PM (#36288 - in reply to #33509)

Expert

i am just so stunned. i wish i could think of some thoughtful, comforting words, but i'm just stunned.

God is great. so great, that his name is the only thing that gets capitalized by me (unless i'm yelling, like WHY THIS?!) i can't say why this kind of thing could happen. i can only say that it hurts like hell, and it will for a long time. God will help us get though if we ask, but it is still going to hurt. and it's okay to say I DON'T LIKE IT!!

people who say how you should feel obviously haven't felt it. it can be hard to distinguish good intentions from words of comfort. the only thing i know of that actually works is to say, "i'm so sorry for your loss. i feel terrible for you, and you are in my thoughts and prayers." and it's the truth. nobody knows exactly how betty feels, and nobody wants to. may she find the peace of God, the comfort of friends and family, and swift healing of body and spirit.

i'm sorry i didn't find this until now, but i want you to know how much i feel for you, and how much i will miss joe monkeying around with steve in the chat room. may God bless you.
MOPAR-TO-YA
Posted 2005-08-02 1:01 AM (#36313 - in reply to #33509)

Expert 5K+

Dear Betty, Thank you for your note here. I am the "MO" that was a part of the chat room with Joe. The guy had a likeable quality to him, even if it was in type rather than in person. It makes me feel good that he mentioned us. Best regards to you and yours.
safetymike77
Posted 2005-08-02 7:51 AM (#36326 - in reply to #33509)

Expert

Same goes for me, Betty. Joe was a fun one to jaw with in the chatroom, and often it would end up just Joe, JW, Mo, Myself and Steve in there. Not a whole lot of visitors, but I think we were, and still are to some extent becoming a tight knit group, which is really ironic considering we are scattered around the country. You have troubles adjusting, have Steve get you on the chat room when there are a bunch of us around. If that doesn't make you feel better, I don't know what will. I am always getting on there after a rough day with the car, or just a rough day period. I am probably one of the younger ones around, but I appreciate the experience Joe brought to the table. We are going to miss him, but honestly at this point, my thoughts are more for you and your daughters. Sudden losses are the worst, and they can be troubling for someone who is young. Well, enough rambling I guess. I hope your recovery goes well, and your daughters find someone as special to them as you did.
62chrysler
Posted 2005-08-02 7:45 PM (#36404 - in reply to #33509)

Thanks Mike.

Do you realize this thread has had 6006 views and 189 responses?  This has got to be a record.

Thanks everyone.  Good to know we're all in this together.

Ray Bell
Posted 2005-08-07 10:40 AM (#36704 - in reply to #33509)

Expert

That number would pale alongside the moments spent in thought about the people so traumatised in the crash, Steve...

We have cared and wondered, prayed and written, no doubt some did more, like you did. It is such a tragedy that Joe didn't make it, but we are all capable of moving on with him in our thoughts. This is undoubtedly the most touching thread I have ever seen on any forum, and I've seen a few.

Actually, I've seen a lot. I guess my total post numbers on all the fora to which I've contributed would exceed 35,000. Well, I know they do, they're approaching 40,000. Yet never before have I seen quite what this thread had delivered to us all.

Betty, I am sorry that you feel you have to move house, but different things move us all differently. Joe was obviously a very fortunate man to have you in his life, so I think that you should take heart that you gave him much more than many men ever have. Maybe it doesn't transcend the shortfall in years that he was able to enjoy, but to have a woman who feels so strongly about her husband in this day and age is most unfortunately rare.

I am sure he appreciated you every moment of every day.

Sometimes I stumble into the surroundings of a family driven by a closeness and a love that fills the air. It inspires me, it touches me deeply. I cannot walk away from such a setting without feeling moved and impressed.

It seems to me that I would have felt that had I stumbled into your home at some time. That is the nicest compliment a family can receive, believe me.

The day is just ending for us here in Australia... and beginning for you in America. A day like so many days... you have summer, we have winter, but around us we have the potential for happiness or sorrow, for beginning or ending, for laughter or tears, for wealth or poverty.

All of these things are determined by nothing other than our own attitudes... positive or negative.

Life and living are wonderful things. We have to make the most of what we have every step of the way, tough though that may be at times. I'm sure you appreciate this more than most at this time.

Please accept my most sincere condolences and best wishes for your future... yours and Casey's and Wendy's.
Ply474
Posted 2005-08-09 12:13 AM (#36823 - in reply to #33509)

Regular

My wife and I are so sad to hear about all this. Our Prayers and hearts go out to you Betty. This is very upsetting to us reading this post and we hope God will be with you through all this. Again we are very sorry.
Billy-Jack Ebare
Posted 2005-08-19 10:30 AM (#37574 - in reply to #33509)

Extreme Veteran

As a member of the FL website for sometime now, we all have come to know each other as family... Whether it be an occasional user, or someone that regularly post comments, we all know each other, respect each other, and understand each other.. That is the beauty of this site! You can come here to ask questions post comments, or just release some of that pent up stress from days gone by. In fact, my wife has commented that I talk about some of the threads on here like I know the people personally.... well I guess I do... Because we all have a common interest. A love if you will... A love of FL cars that runs so deeply that it may borderline on excessive compulsive disorder. You all know what I mean.

After reading the 8 pages of posts concerning 59 Saratoga (Joe Vincenzi) and this tragic accident, I was overwhelmed by the outpouring of love, affection, and concern shown by the members of this fine site for the Vincenzi family. As I continued to read further into the postings over this tragic accident, I was first struck with a feeling of shock, then hope, then sadness, then hope again for Joe's beloved wife Betty. As Joe is, Betty is also in my prayers, and I wish her a full and speedy recovery. I am deeply sadened by the loss of your husband and friend Joe, and can't imagine the pain you must feel. I can speak for the rest of us here on this site, that we all feel like we lost a friend, and a brother. Although, I never had the pleasure of meeting Joe personally, I have spoken to him in the chat room on occasion, and remember him as being a very to the point person with a great deal of wisdom about FL cars. This is a great loss, a sad loss, and one that has taken a piece out of all of our hearts. God bless you Joe... May you fly high with the angels of heaven, and may we all meet someday in that better place.... Billy-Jack
bigfinmopar56
Posted 2005-08-19 12:45 PM (#37594 - in reply to #33509)

Veteran

AMEN Ray Bell! I could not have said it any better. It`s daytime here so you are probably sleeping. May God bless you,your attitude is most uplifting, my aussie brother. It goes to show how small this world really is.Take care,Mike-bigfin....
bigfinmopar56
Posted 2005-08-19 12:48 PM (#37595 - in reply to #33509)

Veteran

I must not forget our Canadian brother,Billy Jack. You are right on the mark too! Take care,Mike-bigfin....
62chrysler
Posted 2005-08-19 4:19 PM (#37612 - in reply to #33509)

Very well said Billy Jack. . .   Thank you.

I showed your comment to Betty.  As strong as it is, it brought tears to both our eyes.  We were a close bunch here.  Our ties with Betty have been closer than ever. 

She still resides at my home, she is always welcome here.  We enjoy her company.  It isn't until the last week or so that she seems to be laughing a bit.  She went in to the chat room and met the "boys" a few weeks ago and thanked them for being a friend to Joe.  As you saw, she also posted a very nice message to the FL family.

FYI. . .  Betty is physically coming around.  Her balance is returning slowly.  She had plastic surgery done on the scars, and really doesn't look that bad.  She had the face and body of a 20 year old but is 49.  She will be going through several more plastic proceedures in the next few months, but the pain and suffering is over.  Dr. says her skin is in great condition.  In 9 months, you would never know.

Betty continues to speak of her gratitude for all your support

60dodgedart
Posted 2005-08-29 4:00 PM (#38394 - in reply to #33509)

Veteran

I had somehow stopped reading this general forum for a while. I just read this whole at one sitting. I am crying for Joe right now--what else can one say? Steve, you are one hell of a friend. Betty : I didn't know your husband and don't know you or your daughters but
my heart breaks for what you have gone through anyway. Who knows what will happen to them, today, or tommorow?"The dice of Zeus are always loaded."--fragment of Greek tragedian Sophocles. Please accept my late best wishes. God bless you (and everyone on this site for pulling together where it counts) Joe will ALWAYS be driving with us. Beth Harris.
South of Sydney
Posted 2005-09-07 4:59 AM (#39112 - in reply to #33509)

As someone who has only recently come to this site I never knew Joe & much to my regret I have only today sat for an hour & a half reading this thread from start to finish after work. My emotions went up & down with each report on Joe & Betty's condition, I kept hoping for a happy ending & was really angry when it didn't happen.
On reflection I probably should feel encouraged by the amount of concern & best wishes demonstrated by all the folks on here, maybe there is still hope for this world.
Joe must have been a good guy to have a friend like Steve to support him & his family in his time of need.
My deepest sympathies to Betty & the girls for thier loss & add to that my best wishes for the future.

SoS
(Richard)
62chrysler
Posted 2005-09-07 8:31 PM (#39156 - in reply to #33509)

Late or not. . .  Your message is well recieved.  Thanks Rich

While we're on the topic, I guess you all should have an update.

It's been a month and a half since Joe has passed away.  Betty still resides at our house with Wendy.  I often find her sitting at her pool in her back yard, a passion of her's and Joes was swimming, any time, any where, cloths, no cloths, they didn't care.  We recently had some heavy rains. it lasted a week.  Most were at night.  Betty would don her jeans and sneakers and take long walks in the downpours.  She did this often before.  She said it relieved many stresses and Joe would join her nearly all the time when he was still with us.

Saturday night, it was in the 80's around midnight.  Betty, Wendy, and myself sat  at her pool on the deck.  The air was still and heavy.  The pool filter was off so the top of the pool was like glass.  Out of the clear blue, a ripple went across the pool from the ladder.  We stared at it in aw for a moment, and then all jumped in, cloths and all in honor of Joe.  Corney as it sounds. we think it was a message.  We sat there laughing and telling funny stories about Joe until 3AM afterwards.  Betty went back in the pool several times looking for Joe.

Last evening, Betty announced to Elaine, Wendy and I that she has finally reached closure.  While she has been looking at new houses near by, she admitted her heart wasn't into it.

And with that, I have been invited to a private pool party

bigfinmopar56
Posted 2005-09-07 11:35 PM (#39191 - in reply to #33509)

Veteran

Hi! I was wondering how the magnets were comming along? I have not heard anything in a spell. I am glad to hear of Betty`s progress. God bless,Mike-bigfin..
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 4 [50 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)