The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

christine remake
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look NON-Technical Discussions -> 1955-1961 Forward Look MoPar General DiscussionMessage format

aqua belvedere
Posted 2007-04-12 10:47 PM (#80056)
Subject: christine remake

Veteran

has anyone else heard that christine is going to be remade?my brothr was down on easter and was telling me that it was going to be remade ,this time to follow the book closer.i personally think that would be great ive always thought as great as the movie is the story in the book is even bettermy brother is really up on the latest horrer movie news so i would say he is a pretty reliable source.let me know if anyone else has heard anything about it. thanks!aqua belvedere
Top of the page Bottom of the page
57chizler
Posted 2007-04-13 4:58 PM (#80139 - in reply to #80056)
Subject: RE: christine remake

Expert

Word around the campfire is that it might be remade for television.
old mopar guy
Posted 2007-04-13 6:46 PM (#80145 - in reply to #80056)
Subject: Re: christine remake

Expert

if they re make it i hope they use 57 chebys there a lot more around and we cant afford to lose any more 57-58 plymouths ....HAPPY MOTORING...
Rob
Posted 2007-04-13 8:47 PM (#80172 - in reply to #80056)

Elite Veteran

Let's hope they DON'T remake this.

I have enough trouble with my '58 Belvedere and Christine.

imopar380
Posted 2007-04-13 10:25 PM (#80181 - in reply to #80056)

Expert 5K+

With digital technology available, hopefully they won't have to destroy ANY old cars if they remake.

ChristineFury
Posted 2007-04-14 1:50 PM (#80222 - in reply to #80056)

Veteran

The crashes in CGI, they could have one real 58 Plymouth for the normal scenes for just showing off the interior and exterior and a few fake ones for the crashes like those camaro replicas, maybe if they can get Chryslers permission to make the bodys, bumpers, fenders, and other Plymouth parts so they can use them for the fake movie plymouths and then if Chrysler will allow someone to be able to buy them after the movie is finished for replacement parts on the real 57/58 Plymouths.
Rebels-59
Posted 2007-04-14 2:11 PM (#80228 - in reply to #80222)

Board Moderator & Exner Expert 10K+

Same Discussion , Two Different Places......... Can Fearless Combine the TWO

http://forwardlook.net/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=14125&post...

Edited by Rebels-59 Coronet 2007-04-14 2:16 PM
Billy-Jack Ebare
Posted 2007-04-14 10:27 PM (#80274 - in reply to #80056)

Extreme Veteran

I did a little search on yahoo and quite a few hits came up from reputable websites like this one... http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=19666 So there must be some validity to this story... But, if I had a nickel for every time I heard a movie is or was slated to be made I'd be a movie director myself..... Just look at Spiderman... It was in the works for nearly 20 years before it hit the theaters. Allow me to interject here for a moment. As a side note folks... It will be nearly impossible for the director to shoot any type of demo scene without destroying at least one car (1957/58 Plymouth) in the process... No one (director) has been able to do it to date, and why would anyone start now... They used more than a dozen Rustangs in Gone in 60 secs, and that movie was heavily laden with special effects. The great Quinton Tarantino used nearly a dozen Mopars in his latest hit GrindHouse.. He claims however, to have done this to get the better shot rather than use C G I tecnology which in his opinion would make it look too fake. Lets face the truth here... They will destroy cars to make this movie... If we argue this point here we are just fooling ourselves, and we are truly the fools they will take us for. Those of you with 1957/58 Plymouth's shouldn't sell your cars to anyone with this intention. It's wrong... It's wasteful, and it's sad to see these cars wrecked this way... Those that own 1957-58 Plymouths could be the first group of selective car collectors to stand up to this type of wasteful profit-generating bulls**t. Don't sell your cars to these know nothing idiots... Perhaps a website could be started to educate people to their (the film producers) intent. PlymouthCentral.com has a good vehicle to do just such a thing, and so does this site... Preservation of our cars is the key to this arguement. We need to stand against this garbage and not allow this to happen again! Otherwise we really aren't who we say we are..... 1956-61 Exner enthusiasts... Perhaps we needn't try................ anymore!
dukeboy
Posted 2007-04-15 12:07 AM (#80281 - in reply to #80274)

Expert 5K+

Billy-Jack Ebare - 2007-04-14 10:27 PM

I did a little search on yahoo and quite a few hits came up from reputable websites like this one... http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=19666 So there must be some validity to this story... But, if I had a nickel for every time I heard a movie is or was slated to be made I'd be a movie director myself..... Just look at Spiderman... It was in the works for nearly 20 years before it hit the theaters. Allow me to interject here for a moment. As a side note folks... It will be nearly impossible for the director to shoot any type of demo scene without destroying at least one car (1957/58 Plymouth) in the process... No one (director) has been able to do it to date, and why would anyone start now... They used more than a dozen Rustangs in Gone in 60 secs, and that movie was heavily laden with special effects. The great Quinton Tarantino used nearly a dozen Mopars in his latest hit GrindHouse.. He claims however, to have done this to get the better shot rather than use C G I tecnology which in his opinion would make it look too fake. Lets face the truth here... They will destroy cars to make this movie... If we argue this point here we are just fooling ourselves, and we are truly the fools they will take us for. Those of you with 1957/58 Plymouth's shouldn't sell your cars to anyone with this intention. It's wrong... It's wasteful, and it's sad to see these cars wrecked this way... Those that own 1957-58 Plymouths could be the first group of selective car collectors to stand up to this type of wasteful profit-generating bulls**t. Don't sell your cars to these know nothing idiots... Perhaps a website could be started to educate people to their (the film producers) intent. PlymouthCentral.com has a good vehicle to do just such a thing, and so does this site... Preservation of our cars is the key to this arguement. We need to stand against this garbage and not allow this to happen again! Otherwise we really aren't who we say we are..... 1956-61 Exner enthusiasts... Perhaps we needn't try................ anymore!

Listen to this gentleman.....Just look at the Dukes of Hazzard crap that came out a few years ago....They bought the cars to destroy them....There were no less than 20 69' Chargers destroyed in that TERRIBLE movie! All I could think was, darn, another 20 cars gone never to return....
Sure, it boosted the price of my car(General Lee), but at what price? I here it time and time again at car shows here..."Where do I get one of these cars!" or "Man, I'm gonna get one one day". They will probably have a hard time buyin' one now because of a movie that wasn't all that great, and probably never find/afford one at all.....So, think twice before you think your gonna get that car back from the movie guys....Yeah, it would be great to own an acual movie car,but lets face facts.Why would you want to own that movie car? Because it's worth more money! Most would be up on Evil bay...."Get an acual movie Christine!" Me personally, when all that hoopla about the Dukes movie came around, I thought it was great to ride down to the local movie house to see the reaction of the people..But, I still haven't seen no breifcase full of money for the car, even though I've had numerous, READ: numerous offers to buy it................
Arnie Cunningham
Posted 2007-04-15 6:20 PM (#80355 - in reply to #80056)

Veteran

While I think any new Christine movie would really suck without using the same car, I'm thinking it will be a modern version using a newer model car etc. Also since it will be a made for tv movie it will be really bad lol.
Doctor DeSoto
Posted 2007-04-15 8:14 PM (#80376 - in reply to #80355)

.... and what would be the point of re-making this film ?

Was not the original pretty much on-the-mark for all intended purposes ?

B.
Resurrector
Posted 2007-04-15 8:26 PM (#80378 - in reply to #80376)

Doctor DeSoto - 2007-04-16 6:14 PM

.... and what would be the point of re-making this film ?

Was not the original pretty much on-the-mark for all intended purposes ?

B.

If for no other reason than that there's way too few car movies! I think it would be cool to do a continuation starting from the end of the original. I agree with Cunningham, maybe they could use something still cool but more plentiful, like certain muscle cars, or a 57 Ch**y, after all, virtually the whoile darn car is reproduced now. (grumble)
58Donnie
Posted 2007-04-15 11:03 PM (#80385 - in reply to #80056)

Account Suspended

I think a Pre-quel would be cool.
mulletman59
Posted 2007-04-29 9:19 PM (#81483 - in reply to #80056)

Veteran

yeah I agree with donnie The life and times of Roland D lebay would be interesting. The death of his whole family the parking lot shot where christine takes the guys finger and wedding ring off. Or christine tracking down everyone. Might actually see some film work in NC. Cause if i remember right Leigh moved to Wilmington in the book. But lets face facts Guys CGI as well as cars cost money. If its a CGI and its made by the Sci fi channel chances are your going to have decent CGI with more cars getting trashed. Not to boot I work in film. 98% of the crews I have worked with wouldnt know a hemi if it was shoved up their ass. There is no love for these cars in the film industry. Or atleast I have never seen any. So if they can purchase a car and run it into a brick wall cheaper than paying a geek 40 hours a week infront of a computer. That car is getting trashed. I would love to see it but Im going to hate watching more plymouths bit the dust for it. Now changing it to a Ch**y would keep the plymouths but ruin the look of the film. Course I would shed a tear watching every 57 Ch**y in the world get run into a brick walls. I would rather own a Edsel than a bel-air.

casey
plymouth
Posted 2007-04-29 9:43 PM (#81485 - in reply to #80056)

Expert

the whole thing with arnie slowly turning into lebays corpse would be a cool thing to see on film.
itattoou2002
Posted 2007-04-29 10:06 PM (#81487 - in reply to #80056)

Veteran

i always wanted too see a part 2 of the original or maybe a prequil to the first would be even better ! what kind of hell did christine and lebay raise back in the 1950s? with todays film technoligy this could be done and not destroy a bunch of cars but as cool as another movie would be it would only drive up the darn prices of the cars !
Mischa
Posted 2007-04-30 5:30 PM (#81542 - in reply to #80281)

Regular

dukeboy - 2007-04-15 12:07 AM

Listen to this gentleman.....Just look at the Dukes of Hazzard crap that came out a few years ago....They bought the cars to destroy them....There were no less than 20 69' Chargers destroyed in that TERRIBLE movie! All I could think was, darn, another 20 cars gone never to return....
Sure, it boosted the price of my car(General Lee), but at what price? I here it time and time again at car shows here..."Where do I get one of these cars!"

Now this is accactly my point of view. Do we wan't another hype? I own a 1958 Plymouth, and sure, once that movie is in the theatres it will be fun... for a while.

If they really wanting to make another movie with '58 Plymouth's they will buy them and will destroy real cars. What do the moviemakers care about a bunch of old cars for, let's say, 10.000 each? A movie costs millions, even the crappy ones. Christine is a cult movie, let's keep it that way.

Edited by Mischa 2007-04-30 5:31 PM
aqua belvedere
Posted 2007-04-30 11:11 PM (#81591 - in reply to #80056)

Veteran

for the amount of cars that were destroyed in the first movie,how many cars would have been scrapped or left to rot into the ground do to lack of interest if the movie had never been made in the first place?i know this is true because most of the 57 or 58 plymouths you see are done up like christine,even more so than 69 chargers done like the general lee.i grew up in a mopar family and like to think that i love 57 and 58 plymouths because i like mopars but the first time i ever saw a 58 plymouth was in the movie christine.i also have a 68 charger so i under stand where everyone is coming from about the dukes of hazard. but part of our love for these cars is from seing them in movies(my charger rt looks just like the car from bullet and my first 57 belvedere was turned into a 58 christine clone)my point is that for the amount of cars that were destroyed, i like to think that more cars where saved from the interest sparked in alot of us because of the movie.i was not born till 12 years after these cars were made but some of the older guys im sure where in love with them from day one.
dukeboy
Posted 2007-05-01 12:20 AM (#81596 - in reply to #81591)

Expert 5K+

I guess this is true....We due owe a debt of gratitude to T.V.(Dukes of Hazzard) and film(Christine)..
For without these movies and t.v. show's, these cars might not have been discovered by the public...
I guess each and every one of us(General Lee's and Christine's), should feel lucky to be part of the "Star cars" thing NOW, while it's still cool.... Just think, If the Dukes had never been made, and I was drivin' a big orange 69' Charger, it would just be another Charger that's orange, or a 58' Plymouth painted red and white, would just be another "Restored 58' Plymouth" instead of CHRISTINE!
I know alot of folks sometimes(Believe it or not), connot picture a 57' or 58' Plymouth..I tell them "Remember Christine?" Then they say "Oh Yeah!" they know it then!
alumcanTandThd
Posted 2007-05-01 12:30 AM (#81601 - in reply to #80056)

Wise Old Village Idiot

I gotta log an and give my comments/suggestions to this endless banter.
This "Christine" remake, has been discussed many, many, many, times!
As far back as Y-2K on the old site, and several times at the beginning of the new site.
There was one member rewrote a complete book and posted most of his writings.
Always the same concern, with the fake digital, vs, real wrecks.
Comments about more Ply's being destroyed, vs, how many Ply's would have been 'saved' if "Christine" was a '59 Buick? Or,,,,,, a '51 Henry J? LOL
There was discussion on what kind of vehicle "Christine II" would be, after "Christine I" got melted down in the final junk yard scene. (suggestions ranged from, souped up Neon's to lifted 4 X 4 350 horse Dually Cummins Ram's and everything imaginable that was on 4 wheels)
OK
If your gonna wreck a bunch of vehicles in a movie, the computer digital stuff, is still going to look fake. I don't care how good a 'puter geek' one is. Fake is fake, real is real! Period!
Real wrecks is the only way to go.
Now. How to go about wrecking more '58 Ply's,,,, but NOT actually destroying any '58 Ply's?
(again) Look what they did in the movie "TUCKER" when they rolled the one Tucker car, on the test track?
(there were audible gasps, and whispered comments, "that they SURELY DIDN'T actually wreck one of those Tucker cars did they!?
It's been so long now I forget exactly what kind of car ('80's Crown Vic?) they took and MADE it look like a Tucker.
If they (the movie production people) can take a '80's F0rd, and make it look like a '48 Tucker, then wreck it, AND it all looks REAL!
Why can't they take, (instead of the original 20 some movie Ply's, that were wrecked), 50 or 150 Crown Vic's, make 'em all look like '58 Ply's, and have one great big smash 'em up picture, that would make the original "Gone In 60 Seconds" look like the pre movie cartoon.
Use that rubber side (sport tone) trim they used in the original movie.
REAL wrecks, NOT using REAL '58 Ply's!!
Only way to go.

RoyalGate
Posted 2007-05-01 12:39 AM (#81602 - in reply to #80056)

Expert

Maybe the salvage yard could sell the radio out of that scrape cube at the
end of the first movie, to a "Rice-Rocket" owner and transplant the "EVIL" into
a Rice-Rocket. I wouldn't mind seeing two or three THOUSAND of those
smashed in the interest of movie making !!!!!

Edited by RoyalGate 2007-05-01 12:41 AM
dukeboy
Posted 2007-05-01 12:44 AM (#81603 - in reply to #81602)

Expert 5K+

Somehow, I just can't be scared by a Fart muffler on a Honda!!
Posted 2007-05-01 1:35 AM (#81609 - in reply to #80056)

Expert

I think they're kind of scary..................
Mischa
Posted 2007-05-01 3:32 AM (#81614 - in reply to #81591)

Regular

aqua belvedere - 2007-04-30 11:11 PM

for the amount of cars that were destroyed in the first movie,how many cars would have been scrapped or left to rot into the ground do to lack of interest if the movie had never been made in the first place?

That is true. I also seen my first 1958 Plymouth in the movie 'Christine'. But that movie is already there. A seccond movie will have a different effect I guess. More like a short hype, not real classic car lovers. I don't think a seccond movie is needed to save more of our cars, it will only make it harder for us to find parts and more expensive to keep ours rolling.

On the other hand, could a seccond movie become as much a cult as the first one? Could it be as good or better than the first? I doubt it.

It doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see what a sequel or tv series would look like.
aqua belvedere
Posted 2007-05-01 6:37 AM (#81615 - in reply to #80056)

Veteran

the only good thing about a remake is that i heard that the story would follow the book closer and the book was great.i think the shame in the new dukes of hazard movie was that it totaly sucks.i got it for christmas ,started to watch and fell asleep,and ive never bothered with it again.so i hope if they did remake christine that it would be a great movie.
ChristineFury
Posted 2007-05-01 3:25 PM (#81627 - in reply to #80056)

Veteran

I want a sequel not a prequel like some people but if a remake is made, I think they should put the best of both book and film by keeping Christine the way she was in the original film but with all of the death scenes the book had that way we can get the best of both.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)