The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Moving to NZ, some questions...
Moderators: Ray Bell

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Local Regions -> Australia & New Zealand RegionMessage format

moparl
Posted 2008-04-22 3:08 AM (#126669 - in reply to #126580)
Subject: Re: Moving to NZ, some questions...

Veteran

cedric sorry to hear about your mother hope everything works out for you.my mother is currantly in hospital she is 79 , i understand how you feel and family comes first . we may see you in the future , all the best
alan
new zealand
geuss i will have drink all those speights on my own
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Sisu
Posted 2008-04-22 4:39 PM (#126760 - in reply to #109500)

Inactive by Request

Alan, thanks for your kind words. I'm still confident we meet one day, so don't drink all those speights on your own! I have a slightly complex situation because of my work (running own business), the current location + all the stuff I have, taxes, mother's condition etc. I have tried to create a solution that would work best for all, and I know the optimal solution for me would be the NZ, but since the condition of my mother is getting worse I have to put her needs on top of everything. She really would have hoped to get to NZ as well, but as the residence permit requirements don't allow her to enter due her medical condition I'm left with no options.

I still think it would be possible to get residence for her from NZ, if I just knew someone from the board that makes these decisions. If I would get a chance to fully explain how the product I'm working on (the underwater robot) is revolutionary being able to use artifical intelligence for operation without instructions from the surface - they would see the upside of having me there, rather than only seeing the negative side of my mothers condition. But thats only a dream There are many countries who would be very interested of getting such IT-companies with their families in their country, but it seems this will be too late now because I'm already moving to UK. Its actually funny, one option would be USA - but even if I would easily get a work permit there, I want to run my own business and would be required to show I have one million US dollars for investment before entering the country. Obviously I don't have that... Actually I should be happy because so many people are trying to get to Europe.

Edited by Sisu 2008-04-22 4:41 PM
firedome
Posted 2008-05-01 2:32 PM (#128073 - in reply to #126760)

Expert

Cedric - couldn't you just get a position with a hi-tech company here - lots of 'em are looking for qualified people - then start it up after awhile, or on the side - of course
we don't really have healh care to speak of here, unless you have a good job... but you could get one, and we do speak English - sort of - and there's lots of water!!!
And FLs!

My son is a Nuclear Physicist and has IT-high tech connections... we want that wagon going to OUR car shows!!
Sisu
Posted 2008-05-30 11:48 AM (#132140 - in reply to #109500)

Inactive by Request

Firedome,

sorry I just didn't notice you had replied on this topic, even if I'm a daily visitor You know, my dream has always been to move to USA. I'm unmarried and could always use that "card" to marry someone from there, but I want to be honestly accepted there and be proud of myself that I made it because of other reasons. You are true when you say that I should find a job first - but this has its difficulties. Sometimes people get me wrong, I'm often critizising US politics, when it comes to the war in Iraq or how they handle the National Debt. Also I have strong opinions about the Oil Industry, but only because I work in that sector and have a lot of experience from the industry (sorry if I'm bragging, but its true! ).

I actually want only the best for the America, and its sad to see how Americans are lead to a wrong direction. But if I would move there, I would like to be a "full member" of the country, ie. paying my taxes and running my business for the profits of myself and the country. I absolutely hate people who move to other countries and only take advantage of their system, and don't take their time to learn the language (we have a lot of those people here in Europe, especially in Germany - sorry to say that).

Working for someone else is a problem for me as I've been self-employed for the last 13 years. I have learned to trust only myself and have strong opinions how the business should be led. I guess this wouldn't take me far in a normal IT company as an ordinary worker The problem is, during the years one gets more and more responsibilities, and in the end he/she can take command of things. It would be very hard for me to find a similar "vacancy" I have now. Perhaps best option for me would be to find a business associate, but thats like marriage - there should be 110% trust, once you are partners in a company, you have to know each other really well. Yes, I could could that sales talk and get $50 million USD finance, but for the investors you also have to show the company is properly set-up. Perhaps I'm better off if I'm looking to make that first $1 million USD and then starting the company there. Once one has name, its easy... Hope it doesn't take long, but with this earning ratio I never get it

Talking of health care, it doesn't matter. I've notice these days none of the countries care about the elderly people, even in Europe. My mother paid social security for 47 years, and she got nothing in return. She needs full time care and the dementia is getting worse every month. I'm really grateful I'm self-employed and I can affect the money I receive every month by working harder and can take of her.

Anyway, thanks a lot - I really appreciate your attitude - I really would like to bring back the Sierra and enjoy the life and the CHEAP gas prices!! American English is easy to learn, just say the same words but make them sound longer It seems UK is so far the best and only option, unless I win the lottery..

Cedric

Edited by Sisu 2008-05-30 11:52 AM
jsrail
Posted 2008-06-23 10:13 PM (#135397 - in reply to #132140)

Expert

Cedric, did you say you were already moving to the UK?  Our family spent almost 2 weeks in NZ (north island) two summers ago (AZ summertime) and we loved it!  It is so green compared to Arizona!  Somethings are more expensive there, but it is such a laid-back friendly country.  We have friends over there who are also in the Hudson car club as we are.  I would love the chance to move there, but my education doesn't get me enough points to be on the most wanted visa list.  And seems not a great call for US tax law professionals, even those licensed thru the U.S. Treasury Department.  If I could find someone who would hire my wife (for at least $45K NZD), then she would have more points than necessary to get us on the good list.  She has a Masters Degree in music education out of Moscow, Russia and teaches classical piano and sets up competitions, etc., which is on NZ's long list of wanted occupations (Arts & Culture).  I understand you have other family issues, so good luck wherever you land.  I'm sure there will be mopar or FL folks there.

Jay

Edited by jsrail 2008-06-23 10:15 PM
61plymy
Posted 2008-06-23 11:57 PM (#135412 - in reply to #109500)

Expert

Cedric,

It's OK to criticise the gov't here. It's not grounds for denying citizenship. In fact, it may actually help with our immigration Dept.

Come over here and get a job. You won't have any problems, trust me. Our college graduates today can't even write a competent letter to Mom, much less make a business report. Never mind their lack of a sense of history.

If you need to marry a US citizen to stay here, you have your choice of any ehtnicity, culture, religion, color, or sexual persuasion. Oh yeah, political persuasion too. You can find Texans, Canadians, Mexicans, Bwelgians, british, French, Phillipine and just about any other nationality to marry (Texans think they are a different country, so they qualify as a different nationality). And don't feel bad about doing it. It is done time and time again. Both ways.

Just pack your toys and your Mom and head on over. If you need a place to stay till you get your feet under you, I have two spare bedrooms that are empty 99% of the time. I live in Microsoft Land, so IT is a well respected and flourishing industry here. You'ld fit right in.

And when you are rich and famous, we can thumb our noses at those NZ boys with our FL cars and your underwater robots.

Mike
FURY
Posted 2008-06-24 4:33 AM (#135433 - in reply to #135397)

Elite Veteran

Jay. It seems quite simple to get residency in NZ actually...just paint your face, bring 10 kids who don't speak english, be unemployed with no hope of employment, have no education...and you're in!!! And then you can bring all the "extended family" over and put them all up in a government funded house. Oh you will have to learn how to drive really badly too. If you have a criminal past it will help too.
jsrail
Posted 2008-06-24 10:01 AM (#135443 - in reply to #135433)

Expert

I guess thats a bummer for me Glenn, only 1 kid! lol
wizard
Posted 2008-06-24 11:14 AM (#135445 - in reply to #135433)

Board Moderator & Exner Expert 10K+

FURY - 2008-06-24 9:33 AM

Jay. It seems quite simple to get residency in NZ actually...just paint your face, bring 10 kids who don't speak english, be unemployed with no hope of employment, have no education...and you're in!!! And then you can bring all the "extended family" over and put them all up in a government funded house. Oh you will have to learn how to drive really badly too. If you have a criminal past it will help too.

No, no Glenn, that cannot be true - that's the Swedish immigration politic you're describing there - did you copy us or did we copy you??? Same difference - it's stinkin' bad just the same.
jsrail
Posted 2008-06-24 1:23 PM (#135453 - in reply to #135445)

Expert

Not to hijack this thread (sorry Cedric), but I live in a "border state" with Mexico.  Somehow I think guys are small time compared with the amount of illegals that cross the Arizona border every year.
FURY
Posted 2008-06-25 4:14 AM (#135553 - in reply to #135445)

Elite Veteran

Sweden is like that too? I thought that area of the world was one area left that looked after themselves and their residents, instead of tolerating this sort of stuff. Is there anywhere left in the world I can dream about...?
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)