The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

bout that time
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look NON-Technical Discussions -> 1955-1961 Forward Look MoPar General DiscussionMessage format

MikeDIsIn
Posted 2016-02-08 8:20 AM (#503575)
Subject: bout that time

Regular

After having a spell on if I should sale my car or not the person whom were to buy it rubbed me wrong with dishonesty and I turned full circle and closed all opportunity on sale. With this came fair to middling weather so I changed points, plugs and bad fuel and cleaned good and some other odds and ends and I see it was all for the best, my kids and I with top down drove a half tank of gas through our 56 Custom Royal vert and boy is it a great engine and tranny, for being a 315 poly 2brl carb it is rather peppy and drove and rode very nicely. I will not be able to completely restore this gem to its full glory but after reaching out to a new friend here (Doc Desoto) I realize its not about former glory or trophies as it is the sense of what was and what still is and the great comfort in knowing you have something unique and different and yet beautiful and classy. looking forward to a fun filled forward looking spring and summer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
soiouz
Posted 2016-02-08 8:48 AM (#503577 - in reply to #503575)
Subject: RE: bout that time

Expert

MikeDIsIn - 2016-02-08 8:20 AM

After having a spell on if I should sale my car or not the person whom were to buy it rubbed me wrong with dishonesty and I turned full circle and closed all opportunity on sale. With this came fair to middling weather so I changed points, plugs and bad fuel and cleaned good and some other odds and ends and I see it was all for the best, my kids and I with top down drove a half tank of gas through our 56 Custom Royal vert and boy is it a great engine and tranny, for being a 315 poly 2brl carb it is rather peppy and drove and rode very nicely. I will not be able to completely restore this gem to its full glory but after reaching out to a new friend here (Doc Desoto) I realize its not about former glory or trophies as it is the sense of what was and what still is and the great comfort in knowing you have something unique and different and yet beautiful and classy. looking forward to a fun filled forward looking spring and summer.

That is nice to read! Very good attitude and I am sure you and your kids will enjoy this car very much and the time together it will provide. This is what these cars were made for: drive and enjoy!

Your car is an absolute gem as is!
SavoyPlaza
Posted 2016-02-08 10:30 AM (#503589 - in reply to #503575)

Elite Veteran

Personally, I'd much rather drive a tattered car and have carefree fun than have a show-stopping perfect car that I'm afraid to drive!

Enjoy the heck out of that Dodge, Mike!

Pete
oldwood
Posted 2016-02-08 2:48 PM (#503605 - in reply to #503589)
Subject: Re: bout that time

Expert

I feel blessed to have owned all of my FL cars. I've gotten them running and stopping and enjoyed them. I've sold the '60 and '61 Plymouths but 2 more are in the ranks of running and driving. I'm learning not to sweat the small stuff and enjoy what I have. Enjoy the vert and your children will tell the stories/memories when your gone.
udoittwo
Posted 2016-02-09 9:53 AM (#503664 - in reply to #503575)

Expert

I would never have dumped the money into the body of my car IF I could have found someone in my area that would just fix the rust spots and replace the front floorboard. After years of looking and getting quotes and promises, finally someone called. He said he only did quality nice paint jobs but I was tired of playing around with the other body shops and dropped it off.

I honesly believe when he started, he had no real interest in painting my car. He specialized in Corvettes and muscle cars but once he started, every time he parked it outside, he couldn't believe all the people that stopped by to check it out and watched it progress. When it was done, I could tell that he was really proud of it.

I am VERY happy with the results and I think it was worth every penny but I still use it they way I did before the paint. 2 years, 13,000 miles later and not a scratch. I'll probably cry the first one but for me anyway, I can't have a car that only lives in a garage under a cover so I know it will get damaged some day and I know every time I take it out, it makes someone happy to see it going down the road so I'm happy.

Karl.
Doctor DeSoto
Posted 2016-02-09 12:04 PM (#503670 - in reply to #503664)

Mecum just ran some more multi-million dollar muscle Mopars across the block
at Kissimmee, never to see the road again.

As much as we are trained to angle for the money from an early age, it doesn't
take much historical observation to show the observant study that money kills any
and all cool things in the end. And while "cool" don't pay the bills, it we are into
something for its "cool" and the money guys move in to get a piece of the action,
pretty soon us peons are priced right out of our own game and all those cars we
just loved to see going down the road are now locked up in warehouse collections
somewhere, only to be seen in museums and auctions.

BTW, Mike .... be careful who you call your "friend" !
MikeDIsIn
Posted 2016-02-10 5:38 PM (#503817 - in reply to #503670)

Regular

well my friend you have give accurate advice since we first typed and I feel its a friendship. thanks for your input on things I ask...... still haven't seen the pics of your treasures???? I check regularly and no avail. hope you send some pics Doc.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)