The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone used Iverson Automotive for chrome/pot metal
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look NON-Technical Discussions -> Vendor DiscussionMessage format

Mike McCandless
Posted 2015-10-02 10:07 PM (#491231)
Subject: Anyone used Iverson Automotive for chrome/pot metal

Expert

I'm going to need work done over the next year, quite a bit. The one thing I don't have, is a solid connection for a chrome/pot metal shop. I've had paul's do some stuff before, but wasn't overly fond. Any feedback appreciated!

Mike
Top of the page Bottom of the page
MOPAR-TO-YA
Posted 2015-10-03 1:44 AM (#491244 - in reply to #491231)
Subject: RE: Anyone used Iverson Automotive for chrome/pot metal

Expert 5K+

I had Iverson do some heavy pot metal -large trim pieces. They are just ahead of the wing vent on a 56 Chrysler 2 dr hdtp. The entire surface was bubbled and pitted. V ERY hard to find good ones that are not broken. He did an amazing job- each pit had to be drilled down to good metal , filled back in with a material that would accept chrome plating. ( See his site on the internet-very informative) When He polished it before chrome , all the details was crisp as new. his work is #1 show quality. Now this does come at a hefty price, and he will give you a quote after inspecting your part. Be prepared for a 6-8 week turn around. ...............................MO
Mike McCandless
Posted 2015-10-03 8:23 AM (#491267 - in reply to #491231)
Subject: Re: Anyone used Iverson Automotive for chrome/pot metal

Expert

I can deal with 6-8 weeks. I had someone recently that did very strong work, but took forever. The pieces I sent were very good to begin with, was frustrating. Then charged me what I felt like, was a premium. Frustrating
GregCon
Posted 2015-10-03 8:23 AM (#491268 - in reply to #491244)
Subject: Re: Anyone used Iverson Automotive for chrome/pot metal

Expert

I've used him a couple times. I even met him in person one time when I was in Minnesota. He works out of his garage shop. He does a good job and at a good price. He does not do 'concours' quality work but then he does not charge quite that much either. I mention this as there are a lot of shops that do charge 'concours' prices without the concours quality work.

To give an example....I had one aluminum piece for my old Challenger that he reworked; in the process he 'buffed through' the metal and told me he would have to get it TIG welded up. He did so and the piece came out looking good. Years later, on my Fury, I had King of Trim do a similar piece and they buffed through in a similar fashion. Their solution was to return the part to me and not say anything about the hole. Keep in mind KoT will tell you all day long how great they are.

Why didn't I use Iverson on the Fury? The downside to his operation is he does not have the ability to 'bright anodize' aluminum so once a part is restored you either have to keep it polished or coat it with some sort of clear paint.

But, he's generally a good guy.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)