The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1954 New Yorker steering parts and transmission cooler
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Steering and SuspensionMessage format

stu
Posted 2014-12-01 2:38 AM (#463268)
Subject: 1954 New Yorker steering parts and transmission cooler

New User

Hi All
Stu here from Australia, Im a newbie on the forum, so any help appreciated
My brother and I are doing a 54 New Yorker, and the steering is a little different to our 56 and 58 300's.
The 54 has a centre link bracket that joins the steering ( looks like it steers from the centre ). The bracket is frozen, Ive tried everything,
I need to get it off as its cracked, so if I cant buy one, it will have to be welded
Can anyone point me in the right direction for 54 parts steering set ups, or drag link joining brackets??
Also the car has a transmission cooler that sits off the side of the water pump, ( like a small water cooled radiator ),
does anyone know where I can get one repo or redone?
Thanks
Stu
Top of the page Bottom of the page
StillOutThere
Posted 2014-12-01 9:16 AM (#463281 - in reply to #463268)
Subject: Re: 1954 New Yorker steering parts and transmission cooler

Stu, Unfortunately for your questions, the FL group focuses entirely on '55-61 "Forward Look" Mopar products. That said, if you have a cracked bracket, it should be able to be welded. Even some cast parts can be welded unless they are a moving joint of some kind. Tons of '53-54 Chryslers and DeSotos still exist with these parts on them. Can't know what went wrong with yours. Many suppliers. If you could supply a photo or two of the problem area perhaps we can offer more specific help. The cooler is for the transmission oil and it is very hard to find a good one but they are used into 1956.
58coupe
Posted 2014-12-01 10:47 AM (#463291 - in reply to #463268)
Subject: Re: 1954 New Yorker steering parts and transmission cooler

Expert

I have a used cooler from a 55 New Yorker that should work. I have not pressure tested it but it appears OK. I am, as you would say, on a short holiday but when back home will send you a picture. You can have it for free but just pay shipping, not sure how much from me to you.
Rolland
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)