The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

linkage & pedal angle
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> General Technical Discussion and TroubleshootingMessage format

57windycoupe
Posted 2014-05-21 12:50 AM (#441679)
Subject: linkage & pedal angle

Extreme Veteran

I'm in the process of putting my fresh rebuilt trans back in. I also switched from stock 2bl to a '62 Carter afb on stock '57 4bl intake. 354 poly. Seemed to like that carb but my questions are: what is the correct gas pedal angle? What is the proper way to adjust carb to trans linkage? Also need correct way to check line pressure and what the correct pressure is for '59 cast iron Torqueflite? What size cooling lines do y'all recommend? I'll be running b&m super cooler and magnefine filter. I know the cooler lines and filter will add to the total capacity, but what is the correct amount of fluid these transmissions hold?

Edited by 57windycoupe 2014-05-21 1:38 AM

(ZOE_0066_4_1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments ZOE_0066_4_1.jpg (226KB - 60 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
60 Imp
Posted 2014-05-21 6:22 AM (#441694 - in reply to #441679)
Subject: RE: linkage & pedal angle

you will need about 10 litres of ATF. I fitted a cooler and mag filter to my car also. I got a cooler and filter with 3/8 hose barbs, which is 1 size up from the 5/16 original tubes. I did this to minimise back-pressure, but might not be necessary.
Pedal angle considering your mod will depend on what is comfortable and functional. You need to ensure you adjust it so it can make wide open throttle when you mat the pedal (no point wasting those extra 2 barrels!). air cleaner off and an assistant to mash it while you look. With the kick-down linkage, on my own car, I set it like the service manual describes, but it did not kick-down. I adjusted further twice (a little bit at a time and linkage on the box further to the rear) before it changed back a gear. Also be aware these gear boxes only change down at speed with a wide open throttle, I mean with the pedal to the floor. Another thing to be mindful of is the choke. The secondary barrels will not come into play unless the choke is right off.

Hope this helps.

Steve.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)