The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Late Model OD
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Transmission and Rear AxleMessage format

lou
Posted 2005-01-21 7:12 PM (#22175)
Subject: Late Model OD

Regular

Does anybody have any in their fin cars? I want to put one in my 58 Plymouth. I was thinking of a GM 700r with an adaptor but it would be nice to stick with Mopar.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
RoyalGate
Posted 2005-01-21 8:42 PM (#22185 - in reply to #22175)
Subject: RE: Late Model OD

Expert

Lou, If you use an A518 ( now called a 46RH ) out of a Dodge truck the change over shouldn't be very hard at all. Be sure to get an RH and not an RE. RH uses the old mechanical governor weights. The RE doesn't have governor weights at all and has to have a PCM to control the shift schedule. The RH transmission can be shifted into O.D. and converter lock-up with manual switches on the dash if you want to. Use a trans. from a '95 or older 1/2 ton two wheel drive truck. Whether or not it will bolt directly to your engine, I don't know, but an adapter shouldn't be any big deal.

I'm going to do the same thing to my Coronet but I'm going to use a 5.9 MPI create motor with the PCM and fuel injection. I am also staying with a '95 and older because of OBD II and emission upgrades that happened in'96 and newer vehicles.

Hope this help a little. If you need more help feel free to e-mail me.
lou
Posted 2005-01-22 4:34 PM (#22266 - in reply to #22175)
Subject: RE: Late Model OD

Regular

Thanks for the info.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)