The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Meeting the original owner of my car ( Introduction)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look NON-Technical Discussions -> 1955-1961 Forward Look MoPar General DiscussionMessage format

hemidenis
Posted 2006-05-27 10:13 PM (#56840)
Subject: Meeting the original owner of my car ( Introduction)

Expert

Finally I found Mr. Raymond, he bought my 1961 Chrysler in 12/21/1960 in Norfolk Virginia.

The story begun when I brought my 61 Chrysler, I was lucky enough to have the original Title of the car; there was the name of the Original Owner, Mr. Raymond.
The title showed that the street was Nectarine St in Cape Charles, Virginia (no zip code at that time). But what are the chances to find one particular person after 45 years?….., very slim, but I didn’t give up.
After search trough the Internet, I found out that one Mr. Raymond has been awarded by the city of cape Charles back in 2001, that was a good clue.
Using the telephone directory, I found a telephone number of a man of 77 years old, which name match, I asked to myself, it is him?.
But when I had the number is a difficult decision to make a call, specially thinking what is going to be the reaction in the person on the other side of the line?, it may think that is a telemarketing call and hang up.. Who know, they may not remember the car at all..
I took my chances, and bingo, his wife answer and she remember the car very well, she told me, “we sold that car like 10 years ago”.
She told me that she have another car for sale, it was a 1970 Chrysler, “come by to see it any time” she said..
This Saturday I decide to take the 4 hrs trip to meet the original owner of my car, I just couldn’t believe how close I came to travel in the time machine, specially to see the city when my car spend almost all his life..
It is good that she keep some pics of the 61 in front of their business (a 76 gas station with used car dealer) back in the sixties.. Now i can share this pics with the forum.

To be continued…
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Diesel45
Posted 2006-05-28 8:27 AM (#56857 - in reply to #56840)
Subject: RE: Meeting the original owner of my car ( Introduction)

Expert

I have made contact with the Grand-daughter of the original owner of my '58 Savoy.
In 1958, Mr Roy Jumper of Bakersfield California, bought the Savoy for his wife Delena, as a 65th birthday present...It stayed in the same family for years, and when Delena got too old to drive it anymore, it was passed on to Penny, the Grand-daughter, who learnt to drive in it...
Penny eventually sold the car to the foreman of the ranch where she worked, years later when the foreman died, his family sold the car, and his family lost touch of its location.......
Fast forward to 1989, when an English bloke on holiday in California saw the car sitting in a scrapyard, and fell in love with it, and bought it on the spot !!
The car was shipped to England in 1990 and fully renovated and resprayed red and white ( it was originally yellow and white ) Ten years later, I am the fourth English owner....
Penny still lives in Bakersfield, and has promised to send me some old family photos of the car in its original factory correct colours............
Posted 2006-05-28 2:03 PM (#56871 - in reply to #56840)

Expert

Fred, I live about 80 miles from Bakersfield, and about 30 miles from Fresno, the reason I am relating this is while these are both good size towns, Fresno population roughly 500,000 and Bakersfield population roughly 200,000 it is kind of rare that people who live out of the state of California have heard of these towns, let alone someone who lives out of the US.
Diesel45
Posted 2006-05-28 4:09 PM (#56875 - in reply to #56871)

Expert

Small world James, and I'll tell you why..........My '60 Fury comes from Sanger California, and the bloke I bought it from had to drive it to Fresno, to rendezvous with the car transporter driver to load it up for Long Beach....
So, even though I'm a Limey, I'm one of the few that knows where Bakersfield AND Fresno is..........Hee hee.....
My final quest is to ask Penny if the original dealer that sold my car to her Grand-Father is still in business, because my licence plate holder says " S A Camp Motor Co. Bakersfield "
They may still have a record of the original sale............
58Donnie
Posted 2006-05-28 4:11 PM (#56876 - in reply to #56840)
Subject: Re: Meeting the original owner of my car ( Introduction)

Account Suspended

The original owner owner of my car died in her while driving. He had "the big one" and crashed. Tore up the quarter on the passenger side but thats all fixed now. I don't mean to sound cold but I am a Paramedic and you just have to undersatnd how we think. I wish he had pulled over if he felt a little chest pain......
RoyalGate
Posted 2006-05-29 2:35 AM (#56914 - in reply to #56876)

Expert

Donnie,
I don't know much medically speaking, so I'm asking this
for the information and not to be sarcastic.
Aren't there heart attacks that just slam you and you are dead
before you hit the ground?? Are almost??
Posted 2006-05-29 2:45 AM (#56915 - in reply to #56840)

Expert

Fred the world keeps getting smaller, Sanger is a fairly small town mabeye 30,000 or less and is about 20 miles,estimate, to the east of Fresno, I have been there many times, and I used to live in Longbeach, most people have heard of that even out of the US it is the major port on the west coast.
58Donnie
Posted 2006-05-29 8:47 AM (#56920 - in reply to #56914)

Account Suspended

To your medical question, Yes there are heart attacks that can happen that way. I was kind of being sarcastic. A person is not truely dead at that point, Most likely they have gone into what is called ventricular fibbrillation (cardiac arrest) at which point it takes about 6 minutes for irreversable brian damage to start and then at about 10 minutes the old squash will go KA-PUT without any fresh oxygen to it.
I think it would be very rare for some to to just stop being alive. I mean one second you are and the next second you are not. Even in the event of something traumatic it still takes a few minutes for brain cells to start dying although you may appear dead as a doornail.
Of course there is always the old shotgun in the mouth trick!!! I have seen (and scooped up the peaces) the aftermath of that. I think that is about as instant as one could get.
RoyalGate
Posted 2006-05-30 7:40 PM (#57032 - in reply to #56920)

Expert

58Donnie - 2006-05-29 7:47 AM

To your medical question, Yes there are heart attacks that can happen that way. I was kind of being sarcastic. A person is not truely dead at that point, Most likely they have gone into what is called ventricular fibbrillation (cardiac arrest) at which point it takes about 6 minutes for irreversable brian damage to start and then at about 10 minutes the old squash will go KA-PUT without any fresh oxygen to it.
I think it would be very rare for some to to just stop being alive. I mean one second you are and the next second you are not. Even in the event of something traumatic it still takes a few minutes for brain cells to start dying although you may appear dead as a doornail.
Of course there is always the old shotgun in the mouth trick!!! I have seen (and scooped up the peaces) the aftermath of that. I think that is about as instant as one could get.

THANKS !!
58Donnie
Posted 2006-05-31 7:44 AM (#57067 - in reply to #57032)

Account Suspended

Not a problem. I could ramble on and on about the human body about as much as I could about FL cars. I just wish I knew as much about the cars.
Cars and the body operate much the same way. From the day they are born they start to die, Air go's in and out, Blood goes round and round, anything outside of that is a bad thing.
58 DESOTOS RULE
Posted 2006-05-31 1:54 PM (#57095 - in reply to #56876)

Expert

58Donnie - 2006-05-28 3:11 PM The original owner owner of my car died in her while driving. He had "the big one" and crashed. Tore up the quarter on the passenger side but thats all fixed now. I don't mean to sound cold but I am a Paramedic and you just have to undersatnd how we think. I wish he had pulled over if he felt a little chest pain......
How did you find out about that? Did it happen recently and/or were you there when it happened or was that a story related to you by the person who sold you the car? Pretty unique way to get a FL car. I agree that was a pity the guy crashed the car.
RoyalGate
Posted 2006-05-31 9:47 PM (#57114 - in reply to #56840)

Expert

You could wish he had run into a crub-side pillow and mattress
sale. That would have made for a soft landing.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)