The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some one saw me up in Alexandria Bay on vacation
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look NON-Technical Discussions -> Members RidesMessage format

udoittwo
Posted 2016-08-04 6:40 AM (#518333)
Subject: Some one saw me up in Alexandria Bay on vacation

Expert

I hope I can enclose this picture someone took of my car in Alex Bay. I never saw this picture before but it is from my trip up there last year. I like how he enhanced the colors to really make them pop. Funny how you notice the tiny things? I don't like the drops of water above the headlight. Looks like it is starting the typical rusting that cars of that era did.

Looks stormy up there in his picture but this year/last week, while it was humid in the mid-upper 90s down home, it was its typical mid-lower 80s with no humidity and no rain all week in Alexandria Bay, N.Y.

ALMOST launched my boat into the river though. When loading my boat, the e-brake let loose. I can't imagine what my face looked like but I managed to open the door and stop it . It litterally stopped just a few inches from going off the side of the ramp into 3'.
Coming down the turnpike we hit rain so heavy that I missed my exit and we were only going 30 MPH. I just prayed the guy in front of me had better vision than I did plus my window kept steaming up. Probably because my face was almost against it. I wanted to pull over but I was afraid I might get slammed into on the shoulder.

I got behind a guy trailering a 69 Road Runner. He had just bought it and because the weather called for a 20% chance of rain, he thought it would be a good day to trailer it down on a 4 hr drive. It was a totally restored trailer queen and when we finally found a dry moment, he pulled over. He was not very happy when he opened the doors and saw all the water that came in several places. I was amazed with as heavy as it poured that my car stayed dry.

Finally after 7 hrs on the highway and 2 hrs of rain, I was off the high speed stuff getting close to home. Coming down a grade, I saw the light tunn yellow ahead and started braking. After all the heat and the wet road, it was like ice. My front[only] brakes locked up and I screached for a couple hundred feet. I knew I wasn't going to stop and layed on the horn. Fortunately cars in both directions saw me as I slid through with my boat pushing. Embarrassed but safe, I just kept goping praying to get home in one peice.

Good thing I am trying to loose a few pounds as I am sure I did on the drive home. I was NEVER happier to put my car in the garage.

Karl.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
udoittwo
Posted 2016-08-04 6:46 AM (#518334 - in reply to #518333)
Subject: RE: Some one saw me up in Alexandria Bay on vacation

Expert

I downloaded his picture but with my new computer, I can't figure out how to reduce the size of the picture yet. Could someone possibly help me? Google "1960 Plymouth main street Alexandria Bay" I think that should bring up his modified picture of my car.

Thanks for any help and HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Karl.
KcImperial
Posted 2016-08-04 8:52 AM (#518338 - in reply to #518334)

Expert

https://www.flickr.com/photos/onasill/17670457579

(AlexandriaBay_k.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments AlexandriaBay_k.jpg (226KB - 180 downloads)
mikes2nd
Posted 2016-08-04 12:56 PM (#518349 - in reply to #518333)
Subject: Re: Some one saw me up in Alexandria Bay on vacation

Expert 5K+

I towed a full size hemi wagon on a trailer... scary experience... I tried pushing to 60... could have been a very costly mistake and I learned my lesson, I had to check my pants.

the wagons are beasts...
Powerflite
Posted 2016-08-04 4:05 PM (#518359 - in reply to #518349)
Subject: Re: Some one saw me up in Alexandria Bay on vacation

Expert 5K+

That's a really neat picture. I like it. He knows how to make some stunning photographs like this one:

(JSM_Building.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments JSM_Building.jpg (198KB - 213 downloads)
udoittwo
Posted 2016-08-04 8:45 PM (#518371 - in reply to #518333)

Expert

Thanks so much for pulling up the picture, I really like the colors. My white, is pearl but he made it stand out. He does some nice work.

Thanks again,
Karl.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)