Re: 64 Sport Fury restoration....begun

Great filing system! I now have a binder and a box full of documents,  etc.

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020, 1:53 PM Butch, <waedison@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I haven't used the forum in some time, so am using "reply all", hoping that this will add to the conversation. I'll start with organization.
  • I have a loft in my shop where I've collected and stored parts for this project for the last several years. I have all the parts logged in an Excel spreadsheet. The parts are all in stenciled plastic bins.
  • I have a photo file of all the parts in the loft listed in the excel spreadsheet, for easy reference
  • I've started using Google Photos and taking copious amounts of pictures so a year from now I'm not totally scratching my head. I may print these photos off if needed.
  • I use a one-off piece of software to track the overall project. It" called "AutoResto". I don't know if it's available anywhere. It's easy to mess up using this software, overwriting a card file on a vendor or other easy-to-make errors.
  • I'm using tags with wires to attach to parts I take off. Nuts, bolts, etc. are attached in plastic bags using zip ties.
I've attached screenshots of the record keeping I'm doing. Excel Inventory.PNGRestoration spreadsheet.PNGSoftware report.PNG