62 Asymmetrical Plymouths

Excellent pictorial in the October 2018 Collectible Automobile on Exner's asymmetrical concepts for the 62 Plymouth. Never close to production but his idea was to make the exterior design more driver centric.  The forced downsizing played havoc with everything but there were a lot of interesting concepts of wagons and two-doors. Found this pic below of clay models in the following link to Curbside Classic article (the CA article has several more finished models) http://www.curbsideclassic.com/curbside-classics-american/automotive-design-history-1962-plymouth-dodge-brilliant-blunder-or-suddenly-its-1977/  Check the rear wind split and offset license plate in the last photo. Looks great to me but not the offset tail lights.  If you are familiar with Plymouth history scroll down to the section on the evolution of 60’s Mopar designs.

image1.jpeg

Sent from my iPad