Re: 65 Heater Control Valve

Jason,

I can take pics tonight if you want.

You do NOT have to take the seats out, but unless you are a young contortionist, seat removal definitely helps!

Per the FSM, you do not have to remove the console. I took mine out just to give myself a little more room.

Our setup is a bit odd. The heater control valve inserts into the heater core and creates the 2nd water line port. The weak point of the system seems to be the o-ring that goes around the heater control valve.

Once you get it out, it's really simple and straight forward. If you haven't been into it before, take LOTS of pictures just in case. I got lucky and found a complete heater box in a 63 Polara in a local u-pull-it, so I have an unmolested model to go by.

The heater core is a unique beast. Not sure who to goto these days for re-coring these units. I'm sure someone will ring on on it.

Bill M
65 Coronet 500 'vert http://goo.gl/6xUS1
73 Dart Sport, 05 Ram 2500 CTD, 4WD, QC, LB, Laramie
14 Avenger R/T, 15 Durango R/T, 21 Model T Depot Hack