Recent doings

On April 19th I was privileged to be able to visit the Kuck Car Collection in Lincoln, NE. This collection is private and not open to the public except on a few occasions. This was a benefit for the Organ Donor Program. Tickets were $25 but worth every penny!

I haven't seen that many '64 Dodge's in one place since visiting the dealer in '64!  Really I bet he has a dozen including the '64 Dodge Charger prototype that was a red 2 seater with a tonneau cover and the windshield half height. Pictures were not allowed so sadly I don't have any to share.  It was a selection of about 125 cars that ranged from Duesenberg's, Cords, Auburns, to all the big 3 hi-po cars, AMC's and movie/TV cars such as the Monkeemobile, the Munsters Dragula coffin car and Herman's big stagecoach type car. Also the Batmobile. There were classic Willy's gassers and most of the '64 Dodge's were of the race type such as A/FX, etc..  Anyway it was awesome.

Then last night, April 25th, I went to Mid-American Motorplex dragstrip as a spectator. That was a hard pill to swallow!  If LeRoar had been in his old form I would've cleaned house. There were about 4 or 5 late model Charger RT's running and the fastest was 9.23 ranging to about 9.59.  LeRoar had run 9.15!!   There was a Cherokee SRT8 that was into the 8's. Also a couple modified Mustangs that ran 8.98 and about 8.59.  there were many other Mustangs and they ranged from 9.30 to 10.1.  It was painful to spectate.  I was tempted to enter my old '98 Blazer :-) It'd probably be good for at least 10.7!

Then today I took LeRoar, 'er LeMew, out to a cruise and had to show off my neutering. It's just pitiful. It did run OK but the carb is still outta whack a bit. I'd buy a kit but they are too much to spend for a temporary fix.

The bottom line is that I sure hope that new manifold comes soon before my nerves are shot.

Rich Kinsley '64 Dodge Polara 4dr LeRoar/LeMew 318poly w/less goodies