Re: 440 Pistons and Rod Recomendations

Apologies, Don, but if you went with the ICON pistons I believe you would want P/N 836 (not 838).

On Saturday, April 5, 2014 8:12:13 AM UTC-4, JimJablonski wrote:
Happy Saturday, Akron Don,

Here's the piston / rod products I selected for my stroker build, for your consideration:

Pistons

- I used ICON Premium pistons, P/N 828 for my stroker build which uses the Chevy-style .990 pin
- Your 4.360 bore appears to be P/N 838-040.  Go here for their website: United Engine & Machine
- I purchased mine as a set from Eric at Muscle Motors, but they are widely avaialble.  Don't know your budget but they are $626 / set at Summit Racing, for example

Rods

- I used Racing Parts Maximum (RPM) Y7100 rods, with 7/16' ARP bolts, P/N LG3-7100H for my stroker build
- Go here for their website to see other lengths: RPM
- Again I went through Eric, but you can purchase directly from RPM (looks like yours should be around $400 / set)

I hope this was helpful. Let us know what you decided...

Thank you,

Jim