To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2014 9:31 PM
Subject: Re: 4 BBL Carburator for new Poly Intake

Heh, heh, well I feel like the Google translator that is trying to translate Don's experience -- and probably doing a similar quality job. LOL I wish Don was still a member here so he could 2c it out!

Your argument I buy, and the math seems to follow along.

Here is what Don wrote about his practical carb size formula:

"... the question comes up in one’s mind that carb sizing is for racing of full performance. What if one just wants carb for an engine that will never see 6000 RPM. Should you use a different formula? Actually it is not necessary. Because carb sizing is focused on the whole rpm range and proper carb operation at low speed. That is because any engine will operate a carb at high speed. That is never a problem, even a 1050 Dominator on a VVW flat four would be possible at 2500 RPM. It is the low speed performance that we are always concerned about and the carb sizing formulas, mine or the complicated math version, are picking the largest size of carb practical that will still drive normally and properly at normal low speed so you can use the same formula even if you intend to drive like yer Granny...."

Thanks,
Gary H.