From: "Doug J" <63sprtfury@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "1962to1965mopars" <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2012 9:48:02 PM
Subject: Old days come back to life

Nice weather here, for November anyway, upper 50's and mostly clear sky's , so took the '63 out for one last drive today.  Borrowed a pair of good radial tires from my brother to see how it would drive with decent tires.  I rebuilt the front suspension a couple years ago with a kit from Performance Suspension, but it still drove poorly.  Figured the 20 year old bias ply tires, with very uneven wear were to blame so gave it a test this way.  Rears are still old bias ply.  Wow, what  a difference.
Took a picture of it that didn't turn out too well, as I should have gotten the car out of the shadows, and dug up an old pic of my first '63 which was virtually the same car except in a hardtop.  I changed the rearend in the ragtop awhile back, and lost some tire clearance, so I had to dig up some old wheels for the time being, which just happen to be the same wheels which I bought for the hardtop back in 1973, the first "custom" wheels, which I got used for 25 bucks for  the pair.  Got me all nostalgic, so I thought I'd share the pics with anyone that cares to look.  Kind of a completed circle I guess.  Hope I can get them uploaded proper like. Thanks for looking.  If you've been around these old cars as long as I have, you'll understand.

--
Doug,
'63 Sport Fury 'vert