Re: ball and trunnion conversion

My B&Ts were good with bad boots.  Not wanting to disassemble them, I used the smaller of the two universal CV joint boots that O'Rilleys sells in there emergency parts isle.  Just cut the ends to fit, one side is just a little small and the other is just a little big, but strapped down they work perfect.  I clean every thing up well assemble the two piece boot and let it setup.  Then pack the joint with grease, strap both ends down.  The first one is about five years old and holding up well, and my other three are as well!  The only issue is, if it is, they are blue.

  Herb

1954 DeSoto Firedome Estate Wagon 276 HEMI
1956 Plymouth Belvedere 361 4-Sale
1959 Dodge Coronet 326 Poly
1961 Plymouth Belvedere Custom Suburban Wagon 318 Poly
1961 Dodge Dart Pioneer Wagon 318 Poly
1963 Plymouth Fury 2D/HT 7.0L Gen III HEMI
1963 Plymouth Sport Fury Convertible 361
1970 Chrysler 300 Hurst 440
1979 Dodge Aspen Sport Wagon 360
1999 Durango SLT 5.9L
2008 SRT-8 Magnum 6.1L