Tires (was RE: electrical/wiring problem)

Tires (was RE: electrical/wiring problem)

Quite a few years back I was driving down the interstate from San Antionio to Houston coming back from a Mopar show. In the middle a long-highway in the boonies the belts on the back passenger tire exploded. Pulled onto the "breakdown" lane and put on the '62 Plymouth's spare tire. Fun to do with 18 wheelers flying by and the factory handle jack swaying in the breeze. ;)

Proceeded east and in about 5 miles the belts on the spare tire exploded! More steel belt spaghetti time. We left the Plymouth on the side of I-10 while we searched the next exit for a new tire.

Lessons learned include to carry a floor jack in the trunk and never underestimate the ability of old tires to self-destruct on the hot Texas interstate. Oh, and travel with friends in a caravan if possible. :)

Thanks,
Gary H.