Re: Thermostat housing

Well, that WOULD seem like the logical thing to do Eric.  Actually I have other housings,  although they are all angled ones and the one I prefer is straight up, the thing that worries me is that the water pump housing seems to be warped as well, and all the other ones I have are enough different to require alot of changes to alternator belts, hoses, ect.  Not the end of the world, but still a pain when it's such a seemingly small problem.  I wonder if the local Chrysler dealer (of which I have none handy) still has or can get this style, or if I guy has to scrounge for one.  I have already tried to true up the old one, but it is so warped that I am running out of  groove for the thermostat.
I actually set it up in my my mill at work and ran a  3 inch  face mill over it very lightly.
by the time I had a nice even face on it, I was into the thermostat groove.  Can't imagine I tightened it that much to warp it so bad, but then again, it hasn't been off for 30 years.
If I can't find the right housing,, guess I'll try to find a hose that fits,,, assuming I can get the next housing to seal up.  Guess I'll get some of that goooey stuff !!
Thanks guys.

Doug
'63 Sport Fury 'vert