Re: Motor trouble

doesn't work

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 7:47 PM, Jacob Fox <imfast101@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Here it is guys, let me know if the link does or doesn't work:

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/imfast101/sets/72157629594494739/

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 15, 2012, at 9:22 PM, Eric Sturgis <ericsturgis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Only if you post them as a link, like on photobucket or whatever. :)

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 7:20 PM, Jacob Fox <imfast101@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Solved the problem, bad ecu, went down to store, got another, fired right up. Tried again, fired right up, then drove it a ways around the block and was "A-ok". He bought another As a spare.

In better news, I get my 1967 belvedere  2 tomorrow when I get off work. Pretty excited. Went to guys house I work with today after I left my buddy's and test drove it. It. Was. Amazing. I know it's off subject but if anyone would like to see it I'll be happy to post pics for everyone. I got a bunch :)

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 15, 2012, at 9:08 AM, Jim Altemose <jaltemoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sounds like it could be two issues.
>
> Are you getting spark on the cable going into the distributor?  If
> yes, check for spark on each plug wire.  If no, it could be bad coil
> or resistor or wire.
>
> Whether you're getting gas should be obvious.  Depending on the carb,
> it may all evaporate quickly in a day so you may not get a shot right
> away.  But if it's a mechanical pump and you crank it for 30 seconds,
> you'll fill the carb.  When you look down into it and move the
> throttle by hand, you should see a shot of gas go down into the
> throat.  You can do that with the engine off.
>
> - Jim
> Jim Altemose, Long Island, NY
> '63 Polara 500 (Max Wedge)
> '63 Polara 500 (383)
> '65 Belvedere I (Street Wedge)
> '71 Bronco
>
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 9:31 PM, Jacob Fox <imfast101@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Thanks Gary. I'll pass it along
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Mar 13, 2012, at 8:19 PM, "Gary H." <62to65mopar@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Something electrical maybe just came loose. There is a basic troubleshooting guide that Ehrenberg put online years ago. You can print it out and just run through the "if this, then that" scenarios. The link is:
>>> http://www.moparaction.com/Tech/archive/roadside.html
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Gary H.

Eric