Re: 1962 Newport setback

Stick to your guns.  Do it the way that you want.  Never be happy if you don't.   Find a good paint store and they will mix what you want.

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 4:27 PM, Eric R <hoodoovoodooray@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Eric,

There are some really awesome colors available today.  Look up a
bodyshop supply store.  Maybe you already know this, but they have
100's if not thousands of colors.  They'll have books with paint chips
with color degrees so you can find just the right one you like.  Your
problem will be trying to decide with all the options available.  Make
sure to take the paint chip books outside in the sunlight so you can
see how it looks in the real world.  My experience has been the better
the paint (more expensive) the easier it is to work with and looks
much better when done.

Colors: For example, I bought my girlfriend a really cool blue colored
motorcycle helmet.  I took the helmet to the autobody supply place,
they cleaned it up, snapped a pic with the special camera, uploaded it
and it spit out a perfect match.  I was skeptical on matching that
color of blue (kind of a dark candy) but the bike and helmet match
perfect.  I'm really surprised they can not make your color, try
somewhere else.

Not to knock the other replies, but for paint I'd choose an autobody
supply over Napa or Home Depot.  Once you see all the paint chips in
the sunlight you'll be like a kid in a candy store.  .. and just like
anywhere find the place with the guys that'll talk to you and not act
arrogant.

...please dont' say rat rod again ..  lol  ..

Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person -- directly to that person. That is, send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!

Gwwilson