Re: 8 3/4" rear end housing info

I agree,,,,, most of the lists I have seen are not correct, most like to lump all the B-Bodies together, and although they are close, they are not the same, only ones I remember for sure were 63 and 65 where I found the 65 to be 3/4 inch wider, or 3/8 on each side.
   The actual measurements needed are perches center to center, which for the most part the Bs were the same
    The other measurement needs to be taken on the outside of drum where the wheel actually seats, because that is where the wheel is going to end up staying
    Backing plate measurements lie, because they will move in or out depending on shoe size,,,,,, you could actually measure the flange on the housing but why make it complicated