Re: Season ending

I will drive my car in the winter, but only in the rain and on clear days.  But probably not this winter, I'm tearing it apart this month.  I'd NEVER in the snow.  They started salting the roads here in the winter so I don't want to rust my car out.  If I was going to park my car for a few months, I would change the oil, fill the fuel tank and add Sta-bil fuel stabilizer, make sure all the fluids are full and clean good....IE tranny fluid clean and full, if not change it, PS fluid and brakes...same thing.  I'd check the antifreeze to be sure it's clean and properly working, if not flush it and put in new.  I'd also over fill the tires just a tiny bit, to about 35-38 pounds....remember to take out the extra air before you drive it.  Get one of those solar chargers for the battery or remove it and put it in the garage for storage.  It shouldn't hurt your car to park it for a few months...but remember rubber will still age, seals will still age, and things tend to leak a bit more with sitting.

You can always just drive it on the nicer days 1 day a week during the winter then you only have to check the antifreeze and fluids to be sure they are good and add the Sta-bil to the fuel as you won't use it fast enough.  Then you don't have to worry about it sitting too long or things rusting in place or the battery going dead.

http://www.goldeagle.com/brands/stabil/products.aspx#stabil
--
Eric
Tacoma, WA