I should use velcro head bolts :-)

I had an issue on Thursday with my '64 Dodge poly. It started heating rapidly after about 2 miles of driving. With my new engine set up this is unusual so I stopped and cooled it off immediately. I had to fill the overflow 4 times to get it full. So today I pulled the plugs after warming it up and started to do a compression test. As I started to crank the engine antifreeze came flying out cyl #2. I took this as a bad sign and aborted the rest of the test. So I have some new Fel-Pro gaskets coming tomorrow. I will again most likely just pull the engine. See, I think a velcro system of bolts and fasteners would really be handy :-)

I do believe I will get a set of ARP bolts for the heads this time. I didn't like the feel of it when torquing it last time. I can't race it easily this year anyway so I guess it'll be OK to just do like the movies and go to "Take two".

I gotta say I really liked the way the new combo felt. It was way stronger than before and had excellent road manners. I think this is just a gsaket and/or bolt issue. Perhaps the ding-bat installer too:-)

More to come later