RE: More Drag news '65 Dodge 330

The 1965 Dodge 2-door sedan that I had was a stripped roller, an aborted race car project that was an originally a /6 manual 3-speed car. I clearly remember a "Coronet 330" emblem on the glove box door, something I took notice of because we also own a '64 330 Station wagon. But really, who knows if that was all original. This was several years ago, too bad I was not participating in the mail list at the time because it appears as though it would have been an interesting subject. It was a "hey you have an old Dodge can you haul this thing off for me for a $100?" kind of deal. The car was freshly painted (badly) and had a mid 70's vintage 440 engine and torqueflite trans sitting loosely in the engine bay. Turned out to be a steal of a deal. The trunk was full of '60's carbs and intakes. (many I sold at swap meets and now wish I had not). I still have the 440 block but it is boat anchor. I did a junk yard overhaul on the torqueflite along with a Holeshot Torque converter and shift kit and installed it behind the potent 440 engine in my '66 Coronet 500.  The trans has worked fine ever since.

The origin of the '65 Dodge was unknown to the property owner who sold it to me, it was apperantly abondoned there. I verified it was not stolen, but WSP would not let me apply for a lost tiltle permit unless an engine was installed. I ended up moving it around as yard ornament for a couple of years before I sold it to Policeman from Seattle who wanted to make a race car out of it.