Sent: Saturday, August 06, 2011 11:58 PM
Subject: Offering help

I am not an eloquent speaker or master of the legal consequences of giving advise, but think that some thought should be given to the possibilities of the aftermath of telling/explaining  how to repair any part of the cars we all love,,,,, some thought should be given to the fact that not all people are as mechanically inclined as the next person, nor do they have the tools that some do..... I personally would hate it if I told someone that any given job on their car was easy, and they tackled the job, and made a mistake, and ended up damaging their car let alone theirs or someone else's life,,,,,,,,,,
     I'm sorry, but some of the questions that I hear tell me that the person asking has no idea of what they are doing,(probably why they are asking in the first place) and should not even attempt changing a headlight with out supervision, and then the next post I read someone is telling them that it is an easy job,,,,,,,,,,, YES a lot of the jobs are easy if your mechanically inclined and have the tools to do it, and it has been proven many times, that if you are mechanically inclined, the job can be done even without the right tools,,,,,,,
     No I am not saying not to give advise, but please do not try to arm the mechanically challenged without at least making sure that they know where the safety on the gun is before telling them where to look for the gun,,,,,,

Gary, next question is for you,,,,,,,,,,, is there any legal liability in telling someone how to do a repair, and it ends up all wrong, and there is property or physical damage caused by it??????