My 64 440

FINALLY !! We got the car runing. Back in 1983 my brother went to
wrecking yard with me to get a part for my car and saw this Mopar and
had to have it. It was set up for bracket racing but had cracked
block. He rebuilt suspension, motor and tranny,  hand sanded many
layers of paint off and primered it and into storage it went - for 25
years! He had never driven it since getting engine redone and only
once around the block prior to that. Unheated rural location in a barn
with critters was hard on the old gal, mice nested in valley pan and
it was litterally rotted through to oil pan - engine ruined... In 2009
we trailered the car to my house and he gave it to me saying please do
something with her. It became a partnership project since then. You
can imagine the smell of 25 years of mice and wood rat infestation...
We got a 440 engine and have rebuilt all systems front to back, have
new exhaust with tri y heders. We got a 4 door Polara parts car which
gave us a perfect steering wheel, grill, hood trim and bumpers and
lots more goodies to transfer. The 440 has nice stainless trim so now
body work has started and when in paint we should have all we need to
get her back together and then new interior. I've snapped a photo to
share after I ceased jumping up and down and yelling in elation as she
sat there nicely running nut have to figure out how to post it!
Despite being torn apart, my brother just HAD to test drive it. Thanks
to all who have nurtured me along so far . Ruth.