Re: Brake Master Cylinder

Well I bought this one.  From Autozone.  However I am having a problem with my conversion.  I can not get the brakes to lock up at all.  They do work very well, and I bought Ceramic pads and was told it will take a few hundred miles for them to get "run in".  Well I've waited...and I have to still STAND on my brakes to make the car stop.  It was suposed to be a bore of 0.937" (15/16") but I think it may be a bit bigger....1 1/32" and yes it would make a very large difference in stoping power.  If it was power brakes it wouldn't be a big deal....but it is a big deal with manual brakes.  I could have gotten the wrong part, or they could have made a misteke and givin me the larger size when they shouldn't have.  But even though I can't get the brakes to lock up...it is so MUCH better.

I will give you an update as soon as I figure it out.

Fenco Reman/Master Cylinder (Brake System)

For your 1976 Dodge Dart 5.2L 2BL 8cyl

Price:
$18.99

$5.00

Total:
$23.99
Part Number: M1707
Features & Benefits
Our Fenco remanufactured master cylinder is precisely engineered to ensure proven braking ability. Our unit matches the fluid capacity of your vehicle’s braking system to deliver the right amount of brake fluid to the four corners of your vehicle. We include a high quality bleeder kit to make installation easier and to save time.
  • 100% tested to O.E.M. specification
  • Application specific bleeder kit included
  • Exclusive rustproof coating
  • OE grade seals & o-rings (SAE J-1603 specs.)
Part Number:M1707
Weight:6.0 lbs
Warranty: Limited Lifetime
Component Hardware Included: Yes
Performance Item: OEM Standard Part
Master Cylinder Bore Size (In): 0.937
Master Cylinder Color / Finish: Metallic
Master Cylinder Material: Cast Iron
Master Cylinder Port Diameter: Primary 0.5"-20 , Secondary 0.5625"-20
Master/Slave Cylinder Type: Push
Package Contents: Clip, Brake Master Cylinder, Bleeder Kit, Bulletin