Re: Brake Master Cylinder

Steve, here is the section from Rich Ehrenberg's conversion article
where he talks about master cylinders.  No mention of bore size but I
would think if you get a manual brake master cylinder it should have
the correct size.  Seems I remember 1" being the size you're looking
for.  Anything bigger and you get a much harder pedal.

Additionally, besides the obvious parts such as pads, wheel bearings
and seals, splash shields, etc., you'll need, (only) if you now have
drums, a master cylinder from virtually any '70-up disc car, even one
from such common junkyard dogs as a 1976-78 F-body (Volaré/Aspen.)
Later cars ('79-up) used a neat, lightweight aluminum master cylinder,
but it was attached to the firewall (or vacuum booster) via only two
bolts, as opposed to the earlier 4-bolt arrangement, requiring an
adapter plate (Mopar Performance P5249305 or AR Engineering MC1002) to
install. Alternately, you may be able to adapt a later 2-stud booster.
Next, you'll need a rear brake proportioning valve. The valve may be
of the stock non-adjustable variety (which, in some years, was built
into the brake tee assembly.) Ideally, though, for ease of
installation and, more importantly, optimization of front/rear braking
balance, the Mopar Performance/Wilwood "add-on" adjustable valve,
Mopar #P5249088 (or similar) is highly recommended, and, therefore,
was used in our swap. The standard, nonadjustable valve was, of
necessity, a compromise. The same valve was used on wagons and 2-door
coupes, slant sixes and Hemicars, meaning that most cars rolled out of
the assembly plant with less-than-ideal proportioning, characterized
by a tendency toward early rear-wheel lockup.

Paul