Re: Brakes stuck [was Re: Welcome New Member - 1964 Dodge 440]

Re: Brakes stuck [was Re: Welcome New Member - 1964 Dodge 440]

Try some heat from a torch if possible. Dont know where car is , assume it is in the rust belt?  Large hammers and pounding.  On the front drums , go behind wheel, to the backside of backing plate. Grind off head of pin that holds shoes against plate. Now remove bearing and pull drum off with shoes. Shoes are stuck to drum, shoes held by pins to plate. Should all pull off together. This will work on rear without tapered axle for sure. Not sure about tapered axle, again heat it if possible.