RE: Legendary... just in their own minds?

I wonder if their panels are subbed out to different manufacturers, one of whom could have missed the spec. When I post the pictures of mine, it’s pretty easy to see the problem. I’m not one to bitch much about anything and will write their company and give them a chance to make it right. I have another set of trim if needed,,,,, but after 20 phone calls ???

From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Herb
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 3:29 PM
To: 1962to1965mopars
Subject: Re: Legendary... just in their own minds?

Just my $0.02 worth but I have done a 64 and two 63s one hard top and one convertible with little if any problems using Legendary interiors, other than my mistakes.  Before them I had never done an interior before.   Beginners luck I guess.  I do know if you don't take your time with great care, carefully removing the old trim from the old panels and carefully with great care replacing it to the new panels you will do grave damage to the trim bending and twisting it.  My first panel I did was a hot mess, and suspected the Legendary panel was the culprit, a friend of mine that has been doing interiors for 30+ years showed me the errors I committed in Haste.  Our old interior's are unlike anything used in autos today and time and peasants working with them is the rule of the day.  Todays mentality is dam the torpedos, get them in and out as expeditiously as possable.   I was lucky enough to get another set of good trim from Clay Kossuth and taking my time my second panel was much improved.  I consistently get asked if the interior is factory original because of the fit and finish.  I had a recent appraisal done and my interior is rated as a 1.  Again not trying to speak for your experience, just conveying mine, but maybe you might want to look into a different upholstery shop, just a thought.  BTW I don't have any affiliation with Legendary or even know any one there.  I do know I am going to use them when I redo my 300 Hurst's interior.

 Herb

1956 Plymouth Belvedere 361 4-Sale

1959 Coronet 326 Poly

1961 Belvedere Custom Suburban Wagon 318 Poly

1962 Dodge Dart 225 Slant Six  4-Sale

1963 Fury 2D/HT 6.1L

1963 Sport Fury Convertible 361

1970 Chrysler 300 Hurst 440