Re: Hoping this gets a pic up

Hi Jennifer, Welcome to the site! Love those 62 Dodges. I have a 62 Polara. It needs fixed up but for now its just an enjoyable driver. Cant wait to see pics of the 65 Satellite drag car. My son has a 63 Sport Fury drag car and it has been a barrell of fun. He also has a 64 Plymouth Fury street car, 440, 4-sp with gear drive, sounds awsome. I also have a 64 Plymouth Sport Fury project, 4-sp. also a 64 Sport Fury auto, project. And Im working on a 64 Fury that I sold to my brother. You joined the right group. The people here are friendly and always ready to share their knowledge. They have helped me a few times. As for the floor pan try Joe Suchy who is listed on this site in the vendor section. If he doesnt have them try Kramers.Dont let the bad floorpan overwhelm you if you have good metal to weld it to. Just take your time. As the saying goes; measure twice cut once. From the one pic of your 62 it looks to be solid otherwise, yes?   Cant wait to see more pics! Bill

From: "Jennifer Kessel" <darla_n_sparky@xxxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 11:45:48 PM
Subject: Hoping this gets a pic up

We are glad to have gotten such a warm welcome here on the forum. So, my hubby, Troy (aka Sparky) surprised me with the car last week and Monday I got to get into it and tear the inside out-literally. Come to find out...the floor pan is just gone. Fred Flinstone would be distressed even! So, I am looking for replacement floor pans from firewall to trunk. I have been making google work like a beast for me but I was wondering if those of you in the "know" have any suggestions for where we need to shop. We live in the great Northwest, Oregon. I always look to keep my bizness as local as possible but I know that with this project, we will be searching globally, lol. I have also been combing the links on the website and have found my local SMS fabrics in Canby which isn't far at all from home. I only have a "glamour" shot downloaded on the puter of her for now but I took lots of pics on Monday to have some great digital documentation of this transformation. I am gonna get them uploaded soon and send a few. So, I guess for now, I will send a shot and put out the question for floor pan vendors. Thanks again for the time and we can't begin to say how awesome this site is already..only been a week. I can't wait to post more pics and show my/our hard work and the fruits of the labor. I can see all of you guys and girls are gonna appreciate it as much as we do. ; }
We have a 1965 Satellite that is a drag car and I will post pics of her too. One day I will list the others-a few more that qualify for this site and several more that don't. I just got a caravan a few months back...hhmmm... can't say I ever imagined driving one but now that I have seen all the uses of the mommy mobile-I am glad I got it.

Jennifer (aka Darla)