RE: ADMIN: List Issues

Thanks. To me the issue is format, not economic. I chose a mail list
instead of a bulletin board style discussion forum because of habit and
convenience. That is, with a mail list the 1962-1965 Mopar discussion
automatically comes to your email?s IN box and you can sort the mail by
subject to follow a discussion thread. Using a bulletin board format you
need to remember to log on to the Web site address to view the mail and
then search trough all the various topics to hunt and peck for the
latest discussion. Many obviously do this procedure routinely. I
personally do not find that process as user friendly.

Topica was okay when I first started using it but they have gone
downhill and do not even have a working search function to look through
the archives. The downside of leaving Topica is the loss of all the
archived mails, but as these are functionally invisible anyway, that is
not much of an issue. Also, a member here was archiving all the messages
on his Web site for reference but I have lost that address. If anyone
knows it please let me know.

I am looking into signing up using another mail list as of now. Any
thoughts are welcome. :)

Thanks,
Gary H.

Donnie Schanz Jr wrote:

> Is the e-mail format cheaper then the posting forums like some other
> groups
> use? I know we are a really small group due to the low number of our
> cars
> left. Just wondering.
>
> Donnie

----