Re: OT: music in the garage

Jim,

My only issue with the "free" Pandora is that you are limited to 40
hours of listening per month. I listen to this at work quite often and
seem to hit that limit on a regular basis.

I was having difficulty with going wireless out in my garage as it's a
metal pole building (and my laptop sucks), so I went with a solution
that killed 2 birds with 1 stone.

I bought a Sirius satellite radio. We put the suction cup car mount in
our 65 Coronet to use for cruising around, and I also bought a "boom
box" unit for it and set that in the garage. I took a magnetic mount
car antenna, poked it through to the outside, and tossed it up on the
metal roof. I get crystal clear reception without fail, and the boom
box sounds fantastic. I can also take the boom box with me to car
shows and listen there. I also bought another car base that I use in
my daily driver so I only have to transfer the pocket-sized head unit
between locations. It took me a little while to decide to pay the
~$12/month, but I honestly have to say I'm hooked, I love it, and
would never want to give it up!!!

Bill M
65 Coronet 500 'vert http://1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/mmo62008.html
73 Dart Sport, 00 Cherokee Sport, 05 Ram 2500 CTD, 4WD, QC, LB, Laramie
21 Model T Depot Hack, 92 Accord, 06 Mazda 3