OT: music in the garage

Off -topic.

This is OT, but we all spend time in the garage and I'm pretty pleased
with the music setup I just put in   If you hate computers or don't
care about music, you can stop reading.  I used to use a 5 CD boom
box, but my new setup is way better.

There's many free Internet music services, but one I like is Pandora
(www.pandora.com).  You simply type in the name of an artist you like
and it then continually streams music of similar artists to the
computer.  For instance, I like rockabilly and typed in Reverend
Horton Heat, and got Fabulous Thunderbirds, Stray Cats, Johnny Cash,
etc.

So, I had an old crummy laptop that my son had plucked a bunch of keys
off back when he was 3.  I reinstalled Windows to freshen it up and
connected it to a stereo amp.  Being out in the garage, the wireless
signal was too weak.  So, for $25 I got a Linksys wireless extender
and plugged it in in my house close to the garage.  This gave me a
good strong signal.

Now I don't have to worry about CD's, and I hear bands and songs I
never heard of before.  I also ran speakers to my backyard patio so
we'll have music out there.  With Pandora, I can just put on any music
anyone wants and don't have to play DJ.

- Jim
Jim Altemose, Long Island, NY
'63 Polara 500 (Max Wedge)