Re: color sweeps: 1963 Fury color question

Re: color sweeps: 1963 Fury color question

Yes, the sweep colour should be on the fender tag,  Have seen it
referred to in two formats -
AB2 format - "A" is for the roof and/or sweep and "B" the main body
colour.  "2" is for 2-tone.
AA1B format  - "A" is for the roof and main body colour and the "B" is
for the sweep insert colour

A solid coloured car would be AA1.

The 1963 Plymouth brochure gives the impressions that white is the
norm as three cars were shown -
Sport Fury, red with white interior, black with white sweep exterior
Fury wagon, red interior, red with white sweep exterior
Fury hardtop, red interior, red with white sweep exterior

The Fury hardtop is a two door on the driver's side and a four door on
the passenger.  The same car was used at the press introduction for
the 1963 models.

The  Fury side sweep should match the roof on 2-tone models and is
either white or a colour harmonizing with the interior on the other
models.

The Belvedere had a solid side strip of trim with no colour contrast.
The Savoy had no side trim although the Canadian Savoy could be had
with the Belvedere side trim in mid-year.  It also available as an
option as Chrysler Canada supplied the necessary parts in a mid-year
addition to the parts catalogue.  In the same way the low-priced Dodge
220 could be trimmed with the mid-range Dodge 330 side trim.  The
rocker panel moulding used on the U.S. Sport Fury was an $18.00 option
on the Canadian Fury models.

I have the Ditzler and DuPont codes for American exterior colours and
Ditzler for the interior.  For Canadian models I have CIL, DuPont and
CPI (Ditzler).

"M" on the 1963 U.S. Plymouth was Light Beige (Ditzler 32202).

Bill
Toronto, ON