Prices (was Re: 273 Engine for Sale)

Hum, wondering what is the average price nowadays for getting a Torqueflite rebuilt? Anyone have one rebuilt lately?

Or what is the average price of a running small block like this one?

The 273 4 barrel intake on that engine is not common.

The ad: "Selling a worked 273 4bbl small block V8 and Torqueflite 904 3-speed transmission. 29K on rebuilt engine and zero miles on brand new rebuilt trans. Engine has aftermarket cam, lifters, manifold, carb, etc. It runs great, it is STILL IN THE CAR so you can come hear it run, do a compression test, etc. $1000 for just the engine, $750 for just the trans, or $1500 for both."

Thanks,
Gary H.