Re: Oil Priming: Hopefully a Dumb Question

Re: Oil Priming: Hopefully a Dumb Question

Ha. The only dumb question is the one left unasked, imho. :)

My understanding is that on a big block Mopar you need to slowly turn the engine over by hand while, at the same time, you use the long hex shaft oil pump priming tool and drill to spin the oil pump. If I recall right, the big block Mopar engine has to rotate the pistons and valve train in order to allow a good quantity of oil to the rocker assemblies.

Thanks,
Gary H.