Re: Under the dash

Thanks all for your help. I was over-thinking it. I was afraid it was brittle plastic and did not wan to break it. The wifey got under the dash and said "oh, I see give me a screwdriver" She had it loose in a jiffy. I am still tearing down, took the rear bumper off, and tomorrow the gas tank. I am very pleased at how little rust there is on this car. I have the California black plate for it, so it must have been in a dry climate, I'm sure it was not garaged for many years..............................MO ----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave64" <lt7dave@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, January 30, 2010 9:52 PM
Subject: Re: Under the dash

Steve,

If what Gary and Rich are talking about is the same thing I'm thinking of, the "loops" are flat soft metal with a rubber coating on most of it. Does that sound like what you have? I think it's a tab of metal that's screwed in place in the middle with the two long ends coming out with the rubber coating on them, then they're folded over on themselves holding the harness in place. They easily fold back to release the harness. I've been behind my instrument panel many times in the relatively short time I've been working on my '64 Belvedere.

Dave