From: Gary Futrell [mailto:gary.futrell@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2010 10:10 PM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Floor and trunk pan

${top_text_ad}
That's good information. I've installed used floors with front section
patches before, but I'd rather use a complete pan. I don't know if they'll
have a booth at MATS or not, but I'll look. My wife called me today and said
why don't we go to Mopars at the Strip. Couldn't argue with that !

    Gary F.

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 3:43 PM, Steven Charette
<stevec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Gary,
>        The AMD stuff is gorgeous.  Those of you who know how I feel
> about imported parts understand how hard it is for me to say that.
>
>        Fact is that it's well made, the contours are good, they're
> nicely protected and all-in-all cheaper than trying to make a
> patchwork floor from
> 6 poorly formed pieces.  The seams duplicate the factory placement and
> although I have yet to finish mine, I can't imagine you'll be able to
> tell the replaced floor from original.  They even have the rear pieces
> that continue up over the sill where the front lip of the rear seat bottom
rests.

>        I was going to splice in an old OE trunk floor I have here on
> the Savoy but will wait until I can pick up an AMD piece at a winter show.
>
>        The availability of the AMD parts has raised the bar on the
> quality of my car from a pieced-together patch-job Michigan car to
> something that looks like it could be a clean original.  I've decided
> to replace a few other parts now that look really nasty next to the new
floor pans.

>        I'm tickled pink to have them... and still a little sick to my
> stomach after eating this much crow.  I'm going upstairs now to curl
> up in the fetal position and cry myself to sleep.  Where's my Mopar
blankey???

> SC

topic.  Thanks!

http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/general_disclaimer.html.