To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, December 19, 2009 1:41 PM
Subject: Re: disc brakes - caution, another long read with part numbers and prices

I find out everytime you increase your following distance someone else jumps in there. ----- Original Message ----- From: Steven Charette<mailto:stevec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
 Sent: Saturday, December 19, 2009 2:16 PM

 Doug,
 Rick Ehrenberg's article

(http://www.moparaction.com/Tech/archive/disc-main.html<http://www.moparaction.com/Tech/archive/disc-main.html>) states that there are a few '72 and '73 C-Bodies with parts that should fit your '65. Check
 out the article above and start your search :)

 Ollie made a good point though, cars stopped just fine for decades
 with properly maintained drum brakes.  You simply need to increase your
following distance, as many cars you follow can stop faster and more times
 without fading than you can.

 SC