RE: KYB shocks alternative?

You can view http://www.monroe.com/catalog/catalog_default.asp = their online catalog; but it is not clear in that catalog that for your 1962 the shocks they have listed only fit the rear. Sorry if I raised false hopes.

The good news is you probably can find new front shocks to put in.

Shockfinders is also this:  http://www.shocks2springs.com/

The bad news is these shocks are probably somewhat pricey.

Gary H.