RE: Electrical short

Thanks Dan, you had it diagnosd perfectly.  The console tach sending unit had slipped it's mounting and the 4 leads were shorting against the console interior.  Done and fixed.  I also noticed the leads to the little black box on the shifter shaft were off (soldered), guess that explains why the back-up lights weren't working.  Thanks again.

Mike in New Mexico