Re: 8.75 Axle Seals

I think it is a matter of store management-- the poor managers are not much better than the in-experienced workers they hire. And they are the ones with excuses in stock rather than parts.....................MO.....sw iowa ----- Original Message ----- From: "Herb" <zephyr9900@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2009 9:00 AM
Subject: Re: 8.75 Axle Seals

The NAPA store here stands for Never Any Parts Available.  They are the
damndest place I have ever seen, ask about a part and they tell you they
only have one in stock and will have to order one for you???  When asked to
sell me the one in stock they're reply is "Then we will be out of stock" and
give you a look like your an idiot.  Probably the reason they downsized and
moved to an out of the way location with no store front.  But your right
about counter monkeys, I was looking for new head lights for my Fury and was
told by A Zoned, ORipplys, NAPed & Disadvantaged Auto that they don't make
them anymore for that old of car, WTH!!  Kind of makes you want to get some
duct tape and wrap it around your head to keep it from blowing up.  You try
to explain headlight interchangeability to them and they just tell you it's
not in the computer we don't carry them.  Went to Walmart and bought all
four.  BTW I was told the same thing about a master cylinder for my Fury, to
old don't make or rebuild them anymore.

Herb

1956 Plymouth Belvedere 361
1959 Coronet 326 Poly
1963 Fury 2D/HT 6.1
1963 Sport Fury Convertible 361
1970 Challenger RT 440
1999 Durango SLT 5.9
2006 300-C Heritage 5.7
2008 SRT-8 Magnum 6.1
St. Louis, MO.

http://1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/mmo42009.html

Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and
the American Soldier.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.